Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Setting up KNL

AJund2
Beginner

We just received a new Intel KNL system. It has 4 sleds in a single chassis. The interface ports we have with the system is, for each sled, (2) USB 3.0 ports and (2) NICs. I'm trying to get access to the system.

First thought was to get an adapter from USB -> VGA so we can open a console and set up the system. But, the system didn't have adapters installed to support this adapter.

Second thought was to use Intel's RMM4 (remote management module), so I booted up the system w/ the 2 NICs plugged in to one of the sleds. But, as far as I can tell, no new IPs are taken from the switch, the NICs do light up and flash to show activity however.

Does anyone have any ideas on how we can get a screen to open on this system?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello,

In order to provide accurate assistance for your inquiry, please let us know the product code which is located on the chassis itself or also the PBA number for the board.
0 Kudos
AJund2
Beginner

Chassis is: H2312XXLR2

Nodes are: HNS7200APX

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Your inquiry is under investigation. We will contact you back with updates shortly.
0 Kudos
AJund2
Beginner

I was able to track down the specific cable that is required to get VGA access. Thank you for investigating, I think I can take over from here.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

We appreciate the feedback provided on this matter.
0 Kudos