Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Sound problem on S5520SC.

idata
Employee

I can not get a good sound.I tried all the drivers I found!

The sound is like on amplifier with missing ground. The muzic is mixted with low frequency impulses

I`ve change the fancy video card HD5970 from ATI with an older one. Nothing change!

Also the HDMI sound device from HD5970 is not seen from the system.

Any help?

18 Replies
KAMALANATH_N_Intel

Makesure you have updated the latest FRUSDR by selecting correct appropriate chassis.

Happy computing!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I did the update once again! Same result: trie to sing "TATAAAA BRRRRR TATAAA". Most of the time the main sound is modulate with 50-60hz. Some time is dropout...

What next?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
KAMALANATH_N_Intel

mm.. thatst weird.. i hope you have selected the right chassis while updating the FRUSDR.

OK.. can you get us a SELVIEW o/p. So that its easy to diagonse the issue.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi!

Assuming that SELVIEW o/p is Sel.log file, here you are.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
KAMALANATH_N_Intel

SEL log shows that "Processor 1 FAN is in critical state "

Apart from updating the FRUSDR i dont think anyother solution.

makesure that you have latest BMC,BIOS.

updte the firmware in the order BIOS, BMC, FRUSDR and do AC cycle.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

There is a compatibility issue whith my Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bits.In Vista and Fedora the sound is good.

Do you know the S5520SC support HDMI ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have the same (or at least similar) issue with Windows 7 (ultimate) 64 bit. I have tried reinstalling drivers, and at best it will work for a little while and then it's like the voices slow down and crackle.

If I go into device manager, it shows two devices

High Definition Audio Device with a microsoft driver of 7/13/2009

Realtek High definition audio device with a 7/20/2009 date

I have tried to update the Realtek with current drivers and it says the best driver is already installed.

So what I did was take the latest driver setup, opened it up and also had the driver details opened up. I then copied the files over into the directories as was shown in the driver details locations. Not all files are in the driver files, so not all get replaced.

Seemed a bit risky, but seems to work much better.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Kamalanathan!

If you have the connection, could you inform "The Whom May be Concerned" that the S5520SC motherboard is a piece of art. Unfortunate it is accompanied by a very slow software partener!

The sound driver they provide : "Vista_Win7_R229-R1" is good in Vista ONLY! Also, the Vista native driver do a perfect job.

In this moment the S5520SC is not ready to work under Windows 7 Ultimate 32/64 bits!

I think it is convenient to change some code line than to get back an expensive motherboard, as faulty!

Please accept my appologies for asking you to do this job, but Intel did not let us other way.

Thankyou!

S.

0 Kudos
KAMALANATH_N_Intel

hi,

I didnt see your ATI card# in compatibility list(http://serverconfigurator.intel.com/configure-ap.aspx?id=MTY2NiMxLDI1MjAjMSwyNjIxIzIsMjUzMiMx&ShowNavigation=false http://serverconfigurator.intel.com/configure-ap.aspx?id=MTY2NiMxLDI1MjAjMSwyNjIxIzIsMjUzMiMx&ShowNavigation=false). may be you can try with the supported ATI device..

Apologies for not giving straight answers.. I dont have that particular server and ATI device to test.. and i dont have any contacts with windows driver team aswell.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I solved the issue! It seems to be an interference between Ethernet adapter and Realtek HD device.

All you have to do is: open Computer Management – Network, right click on "Intel(R)82575EB Gigabit Network Connection # 2" and disable. Enjoy your music and video , because video was affected too!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It may be, but i recently deleted and reinstalled the drivers, probably the 10 th time, and it works fine. I will have to wait until the next time it acts up and try disabling the other ethernet.

But what if I want two ethernet connections?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000168 EndHTML:0000001160 StartFragment:0000000468 EndFragment:0000001143

Hi!

You can use one or both Ethernet connections with no interference, if you respect the next rule:

The Ethernet link which is not connected to an external device must be disabled. Both "output" bus, it is mandatory to have a termination impedance, otherwise they will modulate with low frequency (50-60 Hz) the PCI-E data bus, disturbing any signal, not only audio and video.

It is a mistake in PCB design, or is a conflict in resource allocation... I do not know,yet!

Happy computing.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have the same issue in Windows 7 64 bit, and noticed when updating drivers, they don't copy over. If you go into device manager, it says the best driver is already installed. I manually copied over the drivers and that seemed to work. However coming out of sleep state this morning (the computer, not me) it still does it.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Well, one thing that seems to work, remove the Realtek software and use the Microsoft High Definition Audio Device driver.

Sound is comparable and seems the crackling has gone away, but I am sure you loose something in fidelity.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

S worcester !

I`m sorry for you as I do for me! Nomal, Intel has to solve these kind of problems. We can improvise only!

I installed on another partition Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits and the sound is whorst, with windows drivers as Realtek-Intel`s driver too.

Hopping a smart guy from Intel will see this post and hav a good Idea! I`ll keep posting my search, please do the same.Thanks!

Hi S worcester !

I`m sorry for you as I do for me! Nomal, Intel has to solve these kind of problems. We can improvise only!

I installed on another partition Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits and the sound is whorst, with windows drivers as Realtek-Intel`s driver too.

Hopping a smart guy from Intel will see this post and hav a good Idea! I`ll keep posting my search results, please do the same!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes! Everything is up to date. I wonder why is working with Vista or Fedora and not with W7?

0 Kudos