Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Sporadic CPU misidentification on s5000pls

idata
Employee

Hello

We have seen a spike in BIOS error code 8110/8111 type errors on our systems using Xeon 5000 sequence over the past 5 months. I am told there is info available from intel on the root nature of this issue but I have only found info on retesting the CPU or power cycling as a work around. I have searched in the support community as well as on the main homepage. Any help locating the available info or undstanding the issue would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Do you have the latest BIOS? Did it only happen during POST? Is there any error when the OS is running?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Not certain if it is the latest BIOS available, it is the latest BIOS validated. As it is part of a medical device BIOS updates have to validated in compliance with FDA Regs. I do not have access to any of the systems today but I called a colleague and he indicated that the BIOS version was S5000.86B.10.00.0081, and that the BMC firmware version was 0.59, if that answers your question.

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Which processor are you using? If possible run the http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword=%22s5000+sel+viewer%22 SEL Viewer to grab system logs and see if there're any errors.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

We are using any of the Dual-Core Intel Xeon Processor 5000 Sequence CPUs 5030-5160. At the moment our test systems are cleared of errors.

0 Kudos