Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Storage not seen outside of BIOS - Server 2016 Installation

JRaym5
Beginner

I'm in a fix...and need some help here.

I have an HP G6 800 system with Intel chipsets for the SATA/RAID storage controller. The system came with an M.2 SSD, but client wants SATA drives as it's a server running Server 2016.

I removed the M.2 drive, installed a pair of 1TB WD SATA drives and boot the system. I can see the drives in BIOS, but when the Windows Installer gets to the section to ask WHERE to install, the drives are not there.

I'm fairly sure it is missing the storage controller drivers, but the .exe file won't work. I copied the Intel storage controller drivers from the M.2 drive to USB and tried the "Load Drivers" dialog and it doesn't recognize the files copied from the M.2 drive.

What do I need to allow this thing to load the driver and recognize the drives so I can continue?

And do I have issues because every USB on the system is USB 3.1 and I need something that's USB 2.0?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JRaym5,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I would like to let you know that based on your system, HP EliteDesk 800 G6 Tower PC, the only operating system supported is Windows 10 Pro 64.

- https://store.hp.com/my-en/default/hp-elitedesk-800-g6-tower-pc-31j43pa.html

Since you are trying to use Windows Server 2016, I recommend you to get in contact with HP for instruction and check if there are drivers available for the operating system that you are trying to use.

Best regards,

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos