Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

The battery hardware is missing or malfunctioning - R2308WTTYS

Polle
Novice

Quick question on this subject, is there battery hardware in the unit? I cannot find much on this issue. only a few Dell forums but this is an intel server. It has been restarting anywhere from 1-5 times a day and when I can catch it the windows errors are always different (example: KMODE_EXECPTION_NOT_HANDLED, KERNEL_SERCURITY_CHECK_FAILURE, BAD_POOL_HEADER)

when it starts back up it has a bios like screen that says "The battery hardware is missing or malfunctioning, or the battery is unplugged, or the battery could be fully discharged. if you continue to boot the system the battery backed up cache will not function. if the battery has been allowed to charge for 30 minutes and this message continues to appear, then contact technical support for assistance. - Press "D" to disable this warning (if your controller does not have a battery)

just wanting to make sure mine does, since I am having trouble figuring that out.

I have another post here and its a similar problem, I was told to plug the server directly into the wall due to a non natural sine wave. If you see this Jose, this is not the same server but its the exact same model. I have tried this(plugging it directly into the wall) approach and it didn't take but 2minutes of being logged in before it crashed and restarted again.

Thanks for the help guys!

-Preston (Polle)

0 Kudos
23 Replies
SergioS_Intel

Hello Polle,

We are following your thread and we were wondering if you was able to gather the ALI logs(RAID Logs) in order to determine if your system is searching automatically for the battery.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit :https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello Polle,

We are following your issue with the Intel® Server System R2308WTTYS and we would like to know if you were able to gather the ALI logs(RAID Logs) in order to determine if your system is searching automatically for the battery.

Additionally, as we mentioned on our previous thread, based on our findings it seems that the problem is related with the operating system and not with the BBU, therefore, we do recommend contacting the operating system for further assistance.

We will be looking forward for your updates.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit :https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello Polle,

We are following up on a case that is still open with the issue battery hardware is missing or malfunctioning - R2308WTTYS, we know that this is important for you to get it resolved and it is also equally important for us to get you the right solution. Since we have not seen an update for several days, the case will automatically close after 2 business days. Additionally, we do recommend contacting the operating system manufacturer for further assistance since the problem is related with the operating system and not the BBU.

You can still re-open the case by logging into your web portal or replying to this email. Please note that if the case is re-opened more than 15 days after closure, a new case will be created with a reference to the original case.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos