Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Two graphics cards ASUS HD7970-DC2-3GD5 on a S2600IP

SCocc
Novice

Good morning everyone,

I would like to know if any of you have already installed two graphics cards ASUS HD7970-DC2-3GD5 on a machine S2600IP with Windows 7.

The two processors have 16Gb of RAM each.

Unfortunately the system starts with one simple NVIDIA FX370 graphics card which makes me turn on a single DVI output.

Should I update my BIOS?

Thanks,

Simone

0 Kudos
18 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello the_energyman ,

We have not tested this configuration in the past.However, I will check if others have tested this type of integration and will let you know.

Please let us know what type of integration are you trying and why does your Intel® S2600IP starts with NVIDIA FX370 graphics?

Best regards,

Caesar B.

0 Kudos
SCocc
Novice

Hello Caesar,

Actually I was wrong in the post title, I thought it was a S2600IP as written on the motherboard but it is actually a work station W2600CR.

My goal is to be able to work the two Asus boards in parallel (CrossFire mode) and make this machine a powerful video editing station.

The FX370 works only with a simple DVI output, the card into the PCI slot 1.

Thank you,
SCocc
Novice

Good morning everyone,

The machine name is Workstation System P4304CR2LFGN.

I'm finishing the installation of W7, and I would like to renew the BIOS, which recommended method?

Thank you,

Simone

idata
Employee

Hi there!

The latest firmware package release is with BIOS https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26297/Intel-Server-Board-S2600IP-and-Intel-Workstation-Board-W2600CR-Firmware-Update-Package-for-Extensible-Firmware-Interface-EFI-?product=43719 02.06.0005. I usually prefer the EFI installation as I can watch the update running on the screen in case I get an error.

I do know we have used this board with two independent graphics card but I do not believe that we have used them in parallel configuration (Nvidia SLI or AMD Crossfire).

SCocc
Novice

Hello everyone,

I updated the bios via UEFI is now my workstation uses two graphics cards in crossfire.

On the BIOS configuring the PCI is this:

Max Mem below 4Gb Enable

Mem Mapp above 4Gb Enable

Mem Mapp Size Auto

Onboard video Disable

Legacy VGA Socket CPU Socket 1

The tests are very conclusive I have to see how Blender manages the rendering GPU.

I'm trying to add two SATA HHD to make the Raid 0 but I do not know if in this case goes bought an option to activate the raid on the motherboard.

Do you know how can I do?

Thank you,

Simone
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Simone,

Let me check on this and I will get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Best regards,

Caesar B.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Simone,

We are still working on your case.

Best regards,

Caesar B.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi there Simone!

I am glad to hear you were able to make the Crossfire configuration going. I will keep this information handy in order to share it with others.

I noticed that you want to create a RAID 0 by adding two SATA drives. I was wondering what is the current drive configuration that you have in order to better assist you with this.

If you are only installing these two drives then you should be able to create your RAID configuration without buying an activation key.

Best regards,

David A.
0 Kudos
SCocc
Novice

Hi David,

Actually I want to install a SATA SSD on the SATA1 connector and put two SATA HDD drives on MINI SAS connectors labelled V.

To use the MINI SAS I have to buy a specific option?

Thanks again,

Simone C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Simone,

Let me check into this and I will let you know as soon as possible.

Regards,

Caesar B.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Simone,

We are still working on your case and will keep you posted with any updates.

Best regards,

Caesar B.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Simone,

Yes, you can install a SATA SSD on the SATA1 connector and put two SATA HDD drives on MINI SAS connectors. Since there is no backplane, you could use any Mini SAS option.

Best regards,

Caesar B.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Simone,

Feel free to let us know if you need anything else with your installation.

Best regards,

Caesar B.
0 Kudos
SCocc
Novice

I set up the configuration but I do not find the BIOS configuration that lets you see them from the windows system.

Which parameter activates RAID 0?

Thank you
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Simone,

Access the BIOS by Pressing F2 at the POST screen then select Advanced ->Mass Storage Controller Configuration->SATA Port Configuration ->RAID Mode. This will provide host-based RAID support on the Onboard SATA Ports.

Then you could select RSTe as the option for the AHCI Capable RAID options.Press F10 and exit BIOS saving changes.

Then you should be able to Press "Ctrl" +E And set up the RAID 0 Array.

You could also select at the AHCI Capable RAID options the ESRT2 which will provide you more customization options and will be the recommended option. But both ESRT2 and RSTe will allow you to have RAID 0 Arrays on your Server.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Caesar B.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Simone,

We are wondering if you were able to configure the RAID 0 by following our suggestions.

Please let us know of the outcome and if further assistance is required.

Best regards,

Caesar B.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Simone,

We would like to know if you were able to configure the RAID 0 by following our suggestions.

Please share your findings and let us know if further assistance is required.

Sincerely,

Caesar B.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Simone,

We would like to confirm if you were able to configure the RAID 0 by following our suggestions and if it is possible to share your findings and let the Intel Community know about your findings.

Best regards,

Caesar B.
0 Kudos