cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Unable to boot from Intel sasuc8i after firmware update

Hi!

I have an SASUC8I contrtoller which worked in an Acer Altos G330 server (intel s3000ahv mainboard) through more than one year serving two disks at RAID1 mode.

After I updated the card's firmware with EPSD_SAS_FW_v.2011.06.03_ph20upd version the motherboard BIOS not recognise the SAS card as a boot device. I can enter into the raid card's BIOS with Ctrl+C, make the RAID array but can not boot from it.

According to the manual I shall make one disk as boot device under the SAS topology menu using Alt+b but this combination does not available. I don't remember whether I used Alt+b or not one years ago when the server was configured. I just suspect that It cause the problem but I'm not sure.

I made the flashing according to the readme and the result was "succesful" but It seems that wasn't.

Did somebody has similar problem which has been sold?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Petya,

To select a boot disk with an IT/IR controller within the BIOS console, on the SAS Topology screen you move the cursor to the disk and press + .

You'll likely also need the SASUC8I to be designated correctly in the motherboard BIOS boot settings.

Regards,

John
idata
Community Manager

Hi John

Thank You the info. According to that my suspicion about the + was correct. But this combination is not active. I want to make an IM volume with two disks. I can make it, but when I select a disk for boot in the SAS Topology screen and press + nothing happens. There is a note in the user's manual which says that the firmware must be configured correctly to make + work. I left everything on the default value. The Boot support is set to "Enabled BIOS & OS". What could I miss?