Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Unable to expand existing RAID 5

CTelf
Beginner

Unable to expand existing RAID 5consisting of 3x930GB drives with 4th 930GB drive but evertime I try to add to Drive Group 0 a Drive Group 1 is created instead. The Controller I am using is a RS2BL080 running on Firmware 2.130.393-2551. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Cam

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello,

Let me reproduce the issue in our laboratory systems and will get back to you soon.

0 Kudos
CTelf
Beginner

Thanks Dan, please let me know what happens

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

Here are the steps to expand a RAID 5 when using the Intel(R) RAID web console 2:

- Right click on the drive group and select modify group, confirm and next.

- The drives that are available for expansion will show as grayed out until you select the RAID level (RAID 5 in your case)

- Select the RAID level and then the drive as "unconfigured good" will appear listed, select it.

- Press next, a little summary of the configuration will show and then click finish to end the expansion procedure.

Notice that performance will degrade depending of the size of the RAID array configuration. Drive group should remain the same.

0 Kudos