Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

Unknown Device on Sever Board SE7520AF2

idata
Employee

After installing the Sever Board SE7520AF2 I have still one unknown device.

The Devicestring is ACPI\INT3351\3&267A616A&0

I suppose its something with the hot plug system. While installing the Intel Hotplug Monitor, I got an errormessage (no driver binaries found).

I can't find any driver for this. Can you help please?

Thank you

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi there,

Try this.

Go into the BIOS.

Go to Server Management

Disable Plug and Play Detection

Save and Exit

Restart to OS

All the best,

Regards,

Aryan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Rajiv,

thank you for answering, but i'am a little confused.

This morning, there were 2 answewrs of you, now ther is only one. Have you deletet one? You wrote in the second one, s.th. about, that you habe testet the BIOS setting on a different board, if I'm not much misstaken.

You told to disable PnP. That will mean, that the unknown device will not be discovered in future. Right??

I'd like to know, what device is unknown. I gues that is relatet to hot Plug. If this is right, disabling sounds not rely smart to me. What will happen, if I need to hotplug a component, if this device is needet for it?

Can you please correct me, if my guessing was wrong? What will realy happens, if I do as you suggested?

All the best,

T.Vasiliadis

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi there,

As a reference for you, i have attached a screenshot of the unknown device i got in the device manager. Note this was for a board S5000PSL, so hopefully, it may be the same for you for system.

If not, let us know, we will investigate further.

All the best,

Regards,

Aryan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi there,

Well, in the S5000 chipset board, if the BMC PLUG AND PLAY DETECTION is Enabled in the BIOS, you will have a yellow bang as ACPI in Windows XP/2003.

This is why i told you that possibly, check if in the bios there is the same option.

Go into the BIOS.

Go to Server Management

Disable Plug and Play Detection

Save and Exit

Restart to OS

If it does not fix it, post a screenshot of the device manager, we will assist you further if possible.

All the best,

Regards,

Aryan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi there,

it did'nt work :-(

Any other suggestions?

Greetings

T.Vasiliadis

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi there,

Assuming that when installing Windows, you did not select press F5, i cannot think of any other suggestions for the yellow bang.

How to check whether you did not press F5 during OS installation:

Go to Device Manager.

Expand the Computer

It will say ACPI Multiprocessor PC

If F5 was used, it will say Uniprocessor PC

Hope someone else can help you on this one.

All the best,

Regards,

Aryan

0 Kudos