Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4775 Discussions

Update BIOS on SRCS16 RAID Controller

MHowi
Beginner

I'm trying to use an SRCS16 RAID controller in a system with a S7320SP motherboard.

Whenever I try to power up the system with the SRCS16 installed I get a 'Parity Error', and can't get to the BIOS configuration.

I have come across an article saying that there may be a BIOS version issue happening.

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-016622.htm http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-016622.htm

The S7320SP now has the latest (11.x ) BIOS

This article says that I need to update the BIOS on the SRCS16 by disabling the on-board NIC on the motherboard.

However no matter what I do, I am unable to get the system to start with the SRCS16 installed.

I've also tried installing the SRCS16 in at least one other system (a HP DL380 G4), temporarily just to update the BIOS, but this also conflicts (probably with the onboard SCSI Controller).

I'm struggling to find a system with either a 32 bit or 64 bit 3.3v PCI slot.

I'm unsure the current BIOS in the SRCS16.

I have a number of versions of the BIOS for the SRCS16 ( up to ver 713S )

Any help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

ZL1UMK,

The article you reference also says, "It is important to update the RAID controller firmware before updating the board BIOS". Sounds like you may need to back rev the board BIOS, Update the RAID controller firmware and then update the board.

Has the SRCS16 ever worked for you? Do you have the disk drives connected to the RAID controller? Was there a previous RAID configuration? If so, the parity error may be on the array:

"Possible reasons for parity error are bad cabling or hardware error from a defective drive or an overheated drive. After removing the reason of the data corruption you can carry out parity recalculate to ensure that the parity information of this disk array becomes valid"

Jon

0 Kudos
MHowi
Beginner

This RAID controller has worked in another system (the motherbaord of which is now not working)

As tested there were no drives connected

I'll try downgrading the BIOS in the motherboard to v5.0 and see what happens

0 Kudos
MHowi
Beginner

Jon

Any idea where I can get v5 of the BIOS?

I can only see v8, 9, 10, &11.

Mark

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Mark,

I've attached the SE7320SP2 BIOS version P05. Please read the included readme to make sure you meet the requirements. I'm attaching the old BIOS for your personal use and we make no guarantees that it'll be successful for you. The SE7320SP reached end of life in 2007 has is no longer supported by Intel.

Good Luck,

John

0 Kudos
MHowi
Beginner

John

I finally got around to trying this today.

When I went looking for the online documentation, it seems to have been removed from the Intel site. However as best as I can determine, I actually want a copy of the P04 version of the Bios for the SE7320SP2. Is it possible to obtain this please?

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Mark,

Here's the SE7320SP2 BIOS version P04. As noted previously, read the included readme to make sure you meet the requirements. I'm attaching this BIOS for your personal use and we make no guarantees that it'll be successful for you.

Regards,

John

0 Kudos