Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

Update bios for w2600cr not w2600cr2

AGur1
Beginner

Hi, I have intel motherboard w2600cr, with 2 nic onboard, not like w2600cr2 that have 4 nic

Please tell me where I can find for this motherboard BIOS update package and bios recovery package

When I try to use bios update from w2600cr2, I got error - "a file in the update package is incompatible with the target"

in bios recovery mode also when use efi package from w2600cr2 the system wont load efi at all

my w2600cr PBA g21602-212,

Please help me to find the bios update

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

W2600CR2 has two SKUs, W2600CR2 (normal SKU) and W2600CR2L (Lite SKU). The only difference is that the Lite SKU doesn't have I/O module slot, and it was only available for a limited time. Both SKUs use same BIOS package.

Your PBA# indicates your board is normal SKU. However, it seems it's an early pre-production board. What is your current BIOS version?

0 Kudos
AGur1
Beginner

Thank you edwardzh for your answer, I got this info in bios:

Bios Vendor American Megatrends

Core Version 4.6.3.2

Project Version RMLCRB.86J.R0.47.D021

Build date 12/15/2011

In post I got this info:

Version 2.11.1210. Copyright (c) American Megatrend

Bios Date 12/15/2011 Ver: RMLR047

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Production BIOS string should start with "SE5C600.86B". 86B is used for Intel branded server board. Seems your board revision is too old to use production BIOS.

0 Kudos
AGur1
Beginner

Thank you edwardzh for your help,

If I understand correct, that only way to flash the bios its via recovery mode or via jtag.

Since that I can flash BMC in regular mode and BNC working well after it, I guess that production bios will work.

The problem:

1. or where I can find rml.rom for my current bios for recovery options

2. where I can find jtag interface scheme for connection and what type of bios chip inside?

Can you help me with it please

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

xordox,

Sorry I don't have answers to your questions. You may need to go back to where to got the board.

0 Kudos