Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Virtual Driver Slow Down Windows Boot (RTW3B080)

idata
Employee

Wonder if someone could shine some light on this issue.

I have a Raid Controller RTW3B080 with fFast Path IO and a Expansion card RES2SV240 with 4 virtual driver

1- 4x SSD's in Raid 0 where the OS resides.

2- 9x 3TB in Raid 6.

3- 2x 3TB in Raid 1

4- 1x SSD CasheCade

Here is the problem: The VD in Raid 6 i causing the Windows 7 take several minutes to boot, I know this because I can tell by looking the enclosure LED

lights blinking very slowly, if I reformat the VD Windows will boot in about 15 seconds but eventually after a while it will happen again and Windows will take several minutes to load.

I have update the firmware/drivers - (5.2.116.64) not sure about the Expansion Card but once windows load everything works perfectly.

I don't know if was I good explanation but maybe someone here understood and could help me solve this issue.

thanks

Rick

0 Kudos
1 Reply
EPakh
Beginner

We had a similar problem, both with RAID6 and RAID5 with RS2MB044 controller, RES2SV240 expander, and 16 WD Red (uncertified) hard drives. The setup works for a week or two, then slows down to a halt.

0 Kudos