Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Vroc & Windows Server 2019

PSeyr
Novice

​Hello

Does Vroc not support Windows Server 2019? I can't find a Driver for it and the Server 2016 don't work.

Peter

0 Kudos
28 Replies
SergioS_Intel
Hello PSeyr, Currently, the Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC) support the following operating systems: Windows* 7 SP2 Windows* 10 Windows* 2012 R2 Windows* 2016 Currently, there are no drivers available for Windows Server 2019. You can find more information here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000030310/memory-and-storage/ssd-software.html Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PSeyr
Novice

​Is there a Roadmap when the Driver should released? Do you have a beta Driver for testing?

Peter

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello PSeyr, We do not offer a beta driver for Windows Server 2019, in case we release on it will be available on our support site. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/products/122484/memory-and-storage/ssd-software/intel-virtual-raid-on-cpu-intel-vroc.html?wapkw=vroc Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello PSeyr, Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support. We are following up your case and we would like to know if you need more assistance. Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PSeyr
Novice

​Any updates about VROC an Server 2019?

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello PSeyr, Currently, there are still no drivers compatible for Server 2019 for VROC. Any updates will be posted on support website: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/products/122484/memory-and-storage/ssd-software/intel-virtual-raid-on-cpu-intel-vroc.html?wapkw=vroc If you need further assistance please contact us back. Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JKlui
Beginner

I'm looking for Intel® VROC driver for Windows 2019 too. Is there a chance to get them in 30 days? If not, I have to explain to my customer, that he has to install Windows 2016...

0 Kudos
PSeyr
Novice

​Hello JKlui,

Intel is silent like a grave About this theme. You got no answer. Next week is a Roadshow from the german Wortmann distributer about this

my Information is that they also have no Information or a beta Driver.

I have the Problem i only get Server 2019 OEM.

0 Kudos
PSeyr
Novice

​look at 15:30

0 Kudos
JKlui
Beginner

Thanks for answer. It is strange to me, that Intel sales VROC solution and do not support current Windows server platform. So you have to downgrade, I hope that you can downgrade OEM version too.

0 Kudos
PSeyr
Novice

​Yes also for me. If Intel says, ok we have Problems with the Driver and Server 2019 and we are working at a functional Version. We planded to release a working Version at this time. But Nothing.

It should be also possible to Change to the RSP3TD160F Controller. But the latest Driver is released at 7.7.2017! i can't return a order to test if it would work.

I also don't understand is that the Driver is working under Windows 10 but not on Server 2019. The Driver is a part of the kernel and the kernel is for both Operation Systems the same!

INTEL WHERE ARE IS YOUR SUPPORT ABOUT THIS?? YOU TELL US MORE YEARS YOU SUPPORT US IF YOU BUY INTEL PRODUCTS AND NOW YOU KEEP SILENT LIKE A GRAVE!

SergioS_Intel
Hello Peter, We do understand your frustration on this; however, we currently do not have any drivers available. We really appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter. We are going to check with upper-lever support on this. Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RKova
Novice

Is there any movement on this. Last driver was released 8/30/2018. General availability of 2019 was 10/2/2018. It is now 2/18/2019. Server 2019 was in preview for quite a while.

Seems like the vroc key I just bought is kind of pointless until this is fixed as 2019 is more important to my use case then a RAID 1 for the boot volume, though I actually need both.

RKova
Novice

For anyone that ends up here. Supermicro has a copy of 6.0pv that works with 2019. Be sure to read the known issue in the guide doc of multiple VMD controllers. I had to disable all VMD's except the one I needed for the driver install during windows setup to work. Tested on 2019, using the iavroc driver, with non-Intel M.2 NVME SSD's set to a RAID 1 boot volume. https://www.supermicro.com/wftp/driver/VROC/

Be sure to also install the setupvroc once you get into the installed 2019.

Not sure why Intel is not releasing a perfectly functioning driver.

SergioS_Intel
Hello @PSeyr, We just received an update from our upper- level and they are currently working with our engineering team in order to release the driver. Best regards, Sergio S. Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Ghandisli
Novice

I think we all knew they were working on it already... how about an ETA?

SergioS_Intel
@Ghandisli We do not have an update yet,as soon, as we have the driver available we will post it on our support site. Regards.
0 Kudos
Ghandisli
Novice

Will we see a driver in the next month?

0 Kudos
Ghandisli
Novice

Still waiting on an update... When is intel going to support this mainstream Server OS?

0 Kudos