Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

W2600CR2 / C602

CH1
Novice

I cannot seem to get 2 Radeon 290X video cards to link up in the primary and secondary x16 slots ( Bottom and next one up ). They both are recognized and display separately however they will not form a crossfire link. Is there any bios setting for this in the UEFI or standard bios to fix this. These cards do not utilize the older bridge link they communicate through the pci-e bus. I have followed AMDs recommendations to no avail.

System:

Intel W2600CR2

Xeon E5-2687W Single cpu installed

16GB DDR3-1333 4x4GB

Samsung 840 SSD 256GB

Psu Superflower 2000w 8 Pack.

Thanks everyone for looking

3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi,

We regret to inform that the cards will not form a crossfire link since such configuration is not supported on Intel(R) server boards. Sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos
CH1
Novice

I dont mean to sound doubting however, I know of other boards based on the C602 chipset that im sure are nearly identicle trace wise and hardware wise to the 2600cr2. This board is marketed as a Workstation board (The S2600IP being the server variant) with 4 double spaced PCIE X16 slots i cannot possibly see how Crossfire wouldnt be supported. Does it support Nvidia SLI? ...I love team intel, but i gotta say this is very unexpected. It is one thing not to be certified for crossfire and or SLI, but what about this board would prevent the cards from linking up, is it a bios option or was this deliberately circumvented in the firmware.

Thanks for your tolerance, haha.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

To answer your question, according to the Technical Product Specification for the server board; it does not offer any kind of option in the BIOS to link two different cards together as you are looking for:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-033140.htm Server Products — Technical Product Specification

0 Kudos