Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

W2600CR2 w/E5-2687W QA91 B0 ES processors

CH1
Novice

Hello i was given a board to run different core count tests on to find the efficiency of these processors with different amount of cores enabled, and cannot get the system to boot, does anyone know if these boards are out of the box compatible with these processors, i have an asus p9x79 that is and find it odd that these will not boot to an intel board.

Thank you everyone for your time and effort. Chris.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DSilv11
Valued Contributor III

B0 are early valadation samples and will not run on production BIOS code.

CH1
Novice

Yes although it is very odd that they seem to run flawlessly on an Asus Z9PE, and not intels own board. Im sure there is a pre prodoction bios for this board, i have no idea where to get it though.

0 Kudos
CH1
Novice

I have contacted intel tech support and they were very nice and forwarded me to mailto:samples@intel.com samples@intel.comhowever i have not received any response from them at all after approx 5 emails, i described my problem in detail and they said i could be helped at the samples department, which led me to think they would email me a microcode update or some other way of helping my situation. Is there another department that may possibly help......Thanks for your time greatly.

0 Kudos
CH1
Novice

It is a shame because my freind has a identicle system with the exception of an ASUS Z9PE-D8 which runs these chips seemingly flawlessly, so there are two asus boards including my P9X79 that run the QA91 B0's with no issue, i have bought everything from intel up until now (whatever i can) SLC SSDs procs mobos, and i dont want to have to use an asus board for this machine. Any help would be extremely extremely appreciated.

0 Kudos