Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Warning light on SS4000-E

idata
Employee

We have a SS4000-E NAS storage device. Up until now it has worked beautifly. All the light on the unit are green wit h the exception of the front panel light marked with a triangle. This light is yellow. According to the manual, light "K" means "Continuous YELLOW indicates a fault is present, either a critical or non-recoverable condition.". No further information is provided. What do we do now?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

You can log into the web GUI and check for errors.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The NAS is not talking to me (via browser), so it is not telling me any further information other than the fact that the 4 disk lights are green and the the light to the right of the warning is green. When you hard restart the drive it goes thru a power-up cycle with the lights but eventually ends with the triangle light solid yellow.

I just don't know the next step. How do I get it serviced?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ross,

I don't know what to tell you for servicing the Intel® Entry Storage System SS4000-E. The Intel® Entry Storage System SS4000-E launched in 2006, reached end of life in June of 2008. Warranty expired for all SS4000s in July of 2011. The product reached end of interactive support with Intel October 22, 2012.

The only support available at this time through Intel is web support. You can find available web documentation at the http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/server/ss4000-e Intel® Entry Storage System SS4000-E homepage.

Otherwise you may need to find a different storage device and restore from your most recent backup.

Regards,

John

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ross,

If the System Status LED is yellow a critical error might have occurred. Restart the system. If the System Status LED remains yellow, it may indicate the following conditions:

• Fan failure
  • Power supply failure
  • Hard disk failure
  • Operating system boot failure
  • System board failure
  • Hard disks are not configured (the System Status LED is yellow when first setting up the system)

More information can be found in the http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/ss4000-e/sb/ss4000etroubleshootingguide.pdf SS4000 Troubleshooting Guide.

Regards,

John

0 Kudos