Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4776 Discussions

Warranties (R1000SPO servers)

GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

We have a part number :

SVCEWUPSY

What does this cover? is it the complete server (board, CPU, case including PSU, backplanes and hard drvie carries?) my point is, Lenovo offer warranty upgrades and it covers EVERYTHING in the server including CPU, RAM (if its Lenovo), Hard drives (also if Lenovo) and ALL hardware parts.

How do Intels work?

The above is 2 years, can we get longer? Does it have to be ordered with the server or can it be done anytime in the first year?

Is this part number only for the R1200SPO hardware or is it on the S1200SPO generation of boards?

0 Kudos
18 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Griffcomm,

The ordering code SVCEWUPSY refers to Single Processor System Extended Warranty, Single. This warranty extension provides with 2 additional years after the 3 standard warranty years.

It only applies to the processor compatible with single socket boards.

There is more information available in the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/servers/serverservices/server-component-extended-warranty.html Intel® Server Component Extended Warranty

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

Hi

So what does the warranty cover? just the CPU? (seems kinda expensive for just a CPU coverage).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Griffcomm,

The ordering code SVCEWUPSY covers only the processor.

The program is currently available through qualified and registered distributors. I suggest you contact your Intel® Technology Provider for further details of the coverage and options available.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

I Mike

I am a reseller, this part number was pulled from the configuration utility as an "extended warranty".

Does Intel not offer extended warranties on there server complete systems?

What is the "standard" warranty on a R1000SPO generation server chassis / boards? what does this warranty cover?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Griffcomm,

-The Intel® Server System R1000SPO has 3 years of warranty. Intel will replace the board and any faulty hardware included with the chassis. These systems are partially completed. I am sending you the models available and each system provides with the hardware included.

https://ark.intel.com/products/series/88955/Intel-Server-System-R1000SPO-Family# @Intel-Server-System-R1000SPO-Family Intel® Server System R1000SPO Family

-If you are interested in extended warranty (2 more years) for the processor or the server board, you need to buy the extension through the distributor.

-Complete systems: Intel has the Data Center Blocks, most of them are complete systems.

The models available are on the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000021862/server-products/server-boards.html Intel® Data Center Blocks Support Page

-Single socket boards are Intel® Data Center Blocks Business Blocks.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Griffcomm,

I was wondering if you have any additional question about warranty extension.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

Hi Mike

This confuses me as what your saying is R1304SPOSHORR has no warranty at all (if the extended ONLY COVERS THE CPU (which doesnt come with this product)...

The warranty (SVCEWUPSY) page here https://ark.intel.com/products/53721/Single-Processor-System-Extended-Warranty Single Processor System Extended Warranty Product Specifications says:

"Intel® Server Component Extended Warranty provides an additional 2 years and is available wherever the 3 year standard warranty is available

The system has a 3 year warranty, so the extended will add 2 years on to the 3 year and cover the same (which you say is only the CPU)?

The the below are not covered at all from factory, at anytime the product is purchased:

Motherboard

Chassis

Power supplies (2x)

Power supply backplane + all cables

Hard drive backplane

Hard drive cages

Metal chassis itself.

None of the above is covered by any warranty from factory?

Appears i am better using another brand if none of the above has any warranty at all...???

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Griffcomm,

Ordering code SVCEWUPSY covers only the processor.

Griffcomm, my best suggestion in your case is getting in contact with us through email chat or phone support and provide the product code of the chassis, PBA and Serial numbers of RAID card, motherboard, power supplies and my partners will confirm if they are still covered with an extended warranty of 2 years. It is possible to use the link below: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html# @10 Intel® Servers support

The default warranty period on Intel® processors, motherboards, chassis, RAID cards, power supplies and others is 3 years from the date of purchase. In the case of Solid State drives, the warranty period changes according to the SSD model, we have from 3 to 10 years.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
SBlitz
New Contributor II

Hello Mike and others,

Reading again the config guide of ext. warranties and having 19 years of PCSD/EPSD experience, I think customer is very right - it's per Intel

"Two year extended warranty for Intel® Server Systems or Intel® Server Knock Down Kits + Intel® Server Boards that support one processor."

Means FIVE years total on the chassis, power supply, motherboard. CPU is excluded as customer purchased it separately (as it's not a DCB product).

Please recheck and reply here,

Thank you.

- Saar

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Griffcomm and SaarBlitz,

After reviewing your question with the warranty team the Single Processor System Extended Warranty covers the system and its components included according to the details of the invoice or ARK.intel.com information.

The Intel® Server Component Extended Warranty adds 2 years to the standard warranty of 3 years.

Griffcomm, if you want to replace any faulty accessory on your system, please contact us through our support service via email, phone or chat and provide us with the invoice of the extended warranty.

More details at:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/servers/serverservices/server-component-extended-warranty.html Intel® Server Component Extended Warranty

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Griffcomm and SaarBlitz,

I am wondering if my last update clarifies the warranty extended period on Intel® products.

Regards,

Mike C

0 Kudos
GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

Its clearer.... Does the warranty have to be on the same invoice as the server or can it be bought and registered as long as the server is in the first 3 years of manufacture warranty?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Griffcomm,

It is possible to get the warranty extension the first 30 days after the day of purchase.

The article 000006361 https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006361/services.html Information for the Intel® Server Component Extended Warranty gives more details of the Extended warranty.

Regards,

Mike C

GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

Hi

I wanted to update this for documentation... i have spoken with the warranty department, they have confirmed any server warranty (or RAID) can be extended ANYTIME inside the original manufactures warranty (of 3 years), not just 30 days past its purchase date.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

We appreciate the additional information, in case you have any additional questions, please contact us back.

Best regards,

Sergio S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ashley,

We are following up your question and we would like to know if you need further assistance.

Regards.
0 Kudos
GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

I think this is done..... ive been talking with warranty about completing the extensions as needed.

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ashley,

We are glad to hear that the warranty department was able to assist you with your questions.

Feel free to contact us back in case you need more help.

Regards.
0 Kudos