Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

We have been buying C2600CW board with BIOS Ver-SE5C6108.86B.01.01.0016.033120161139 In our new board shipment BIOS Ver is SE5C6108.86B.01.01.2024.041020181059.Factory We are getting a SUP warning at start up. How to fix it? Thanks

MSidd2
Beginner

It seems like a benign error but it looks ugly.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello MSidd2,

Thank you for joining the community

When you say SUP errors on start up do you mean during POST or during OS loading?

Is there any other description about what SUP mean? If it is relate to Software Update Point then this is pretty much related to OS. What OS is your server running?

If not OS related have you seen any BMC error?

Will look forward for your updates

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
MSidd2
Beginner

SUP=Software Update Package.

Basically I am trying to update BIOS on my CW2600CW server board. I have tried the solution a write up and a video but it is not working.

Can you help with that?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello MSidd2,

What method are you using to perform the BIOS updates? It can be done offline using a USB flash driver with this EFI package or online using the OFU utility. From both methods the first one is usually easier since you just need to extract and copy all the downloaded files to the root directory of the USB flash driver and boot up the server to the EFI shell. After that follow the onscreen instructions

Will look forward for your updates.

Jose A.

0 Kudos
MSidd2
Beginner

Jose, Thanks I got it to work. I am all set.

Is there a way to get a board pre-loaded with non factorry firmware?

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello MSidd2,

Good to hear you were able to get it to work.

About a non-factory firmware been preloaded from factory I've never heard about that, what I know is about an official Intel tool that allowed you to modify some parameters of the firmware (like custom OEM images and so). Its name is ITK and is available from the Intel Resource & Design Center. Keep in mind that it requires a Non-Disclosure Agreement in order to have access to this website.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello MSidd2,

Do you have any further details, updates, questions or comments in regards to this issue?

This thread will be marked as resolved automatically in the next 72 hours if no activity is received.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello MSidd2,

We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and create a new topic.

Regards.

Jose A.

0 Kudos