Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

Web Console 2 for Intel AXXROMBSASMR under openfiler

idata
Employee

Here is my issue. Have a server S5520HCR with AXXROMBSASMR raid controller running Openfiler 2.99. We need to access web Console to manage the raid. Is it possible ? In that case, need instructions. I´m always having an installation problem saying :

Starting complete installation of RAID Web Console 2 11.06.00-05....

Checking for any Old Version

No Old Version Found

Continuing with installation

error: Failed dependencies:

/bin/sh is needed by Lib_Utils-1.00-09.noarch

/bin/sh is needed by Lib_Utils2-1.00-01.noarch

Installing MegaCLI

Lib_Utils is needed by MegaCli-8.02.14-1.i386

/bin/sh is needed by MegaCli-8.02.14-1.i386

Lib_Utils is needed by RAID_Web_Console_2-11.06.00-05.noarch

Lib_Utils2 is needed by RAID_Web_Console_2-11.06.00-05.noarch

/bin/sh is needed by RAID_Web_Console_2-11.06.00-05.noarch

TYIA,

Nes.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

Which OS and kernel are you running?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Totally going to revive this old thread because my question is pretty much the same. I've got a RS2WG160 controller, but it still uses the RAID Web Console and I'm also trying to make it work in Openfiler 2.99. So to answer the OS/kernel, the OS is Openfiler which is a version of rpath, and my kernel version is 2.6.32-131.17.1.e16-0.11.smp.gcc4.4.x86_64

I've extracted the contents of the RPMs, giving me just the straight etc, opt and usr directories. Can I copy those to / and launch the web console? I'm only interested in having it run as a server so I can connect to the utility from another machine.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

janmeja,

RAID Web Console 2 will have to be running on both systems to access remotely.

I don't know what you'll have to go through to install RWC2 on a system running Openfiler. You might be able to determine components installed and how through the supported RedHat* or SuSE* Linux installation routines.

The http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-022358.htm Intel® RAID Software User's Guide has instructions for RedHat* Linux or SuSE* Linux, to the extent of unzipping the ir3_Linux_RWC2_v....tgz, reading the readme.txt file and running install.sh.

There is more of a detailed description for VMware installations if that helps.

Regards,

John

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Is it at all possible to get the RWC2 source code so we can compile our own version for our distro?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

janmeja,

No. The source code is proprietary. Title to all copies of the Materials remains with Intel or its suppliers. The Materials are copyrighted and protected by the laws of the United States and other countries, and international treaty provisions.

Regards, John

0 Kudos