Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

What are the average temperature range of users with 8-4GB sticks (32GB) of RAM on a S5000PSLSASR? What about other RAM configurations or other components?

PlaidRadish
Beginner

Currently, I am running a Debian server on a S5000PSLSASR, with two x5365 processors on board and 32 GB of RAM. When I execute the thermal sensor program, the temps on the RAM sticks (8 of them) average around 83 degrees Celsius. The app tells me the "Low" temperature range (94 avg degrees) and the high temperature range (124 avg degrees).

Obviously, I'm well below the average "Low" according to the Linux "sensors" application, and the temperatures do not fluctuate or vary much from the current average - no spikes or anything. However, my average CPU temps are around 35 degrees Celsius when idle. Since the RAM works and I've had no problems, I'm just assuming this is the average for other users of this board, but... Are there any users out there willing to share their average temps on RAM? Maybe your average temps on other components, as well?

Screenshot 2019-03-03 23.59.13.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello, Thank you so much for contacting us about this concern. By any chance have you tried to test a different memory RAM in this system and test it again? Have you noticed a low performance on the system? or a kernel panic due to this error? Please let me know the outcome in order to double check the information. Best regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
PlaidRadish
Beginner

Emeth,

Based on your questions, it sounds like (in your experience) the average RAM temperatures are not in the 85° range.

Is that your experience? If so, what are the average temps you have experienced?

0 Kudos
Franklin_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Jeff, In order to better understand your particular case we would like to know what kind of RAM memory you are using, could you check, model number, part number, etc. even if they are not Intel. Could you please also run Intel System Information Retrieval Utility? Please follow section 2.1 in the user guide on how to retrieve logs from UEFI. When you get the logs, please send them over to us for further analysis. Best regards, Franklin S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PlaidRadish
Beginner

Hello Franklin,

Because two different people have responded, attempted to troubleshoot, when no problem has yet to be clarified in this forum, and because neither response has actually answered MY questions, FIRST, I'm assuming I have posted this in the wrong place. I apologize for that, as I'm obviously not very familiar with Intel's forum-posting layout. What I'm looking for is an Intel Community forum, where users come to share experiences with other users and ask other users for their experiences. I'm not interested in customer support to fix any particular problem, as I don't have any problem, yet. Can you direct me to the correct place?

thank you,

Jeff

0 Kudos
Franklin_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Jeff, You may go ahead and post your question in the discontinued products section https://communities.intel.com/community/tech/discontinued-products Best regards, Franklin S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos