Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

What is my system fan maximum amperage or wattage?

Oldmotherboard
Beginner

Motherboard intel Mini itx H57 chipset.  I would like to know the maximum amperage the system fan can be.  I would like to use a noctua 140mm 3000 rpm ippc 12volt fan.  I currently have a noctua 2000 rpm 140mm running on it.  Would the 3000 be too big. at .55 amps 12volts.  The fans are rated at 12volts but the amperage is different.  What is the standard maximum amperage for a system fan at 12volts on an intel motherboard?  Im concerned the large fan would cause the board to short.  Intel mini itx H57 chipset first intel mini itx with h57 chipset.  Will my motherboard short if amperage on the fan is too high?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Oldmotherboard,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos