Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

What is the best Server MoBo ???

JSant20
Novice

Hi Forum, thanks to all who answered my questions but now I have a new little problem, I just want to know what is the difference and what is the best between these Server MoBoS (I read the descriptions and both sound fine):

Intel S5000PSL Server Motherboard - Intel 5000P Chipset SSI EEB 3.6 - Socket J LGA-771 - 1333 MHz, 1066 MHz, 667 MHz FSB - 32 GB DDR2 SDRAM - Ultra ATA/100 (ATA-6)

Intel S5520HC Server Motherboard - Intel Chipset SSI EEB - Socket B LGA-1366 - 96 GB DDR3 SDRAM - Serial ATA/300

I know about the price and the firts MoBo is excelent when I see the form EATX and many cases will be usefull, the aplications that I have will run as asp.net 2.0 I mean will be a Web Server and I will need a good one to handle upload and download files, login users, register users and SQL DBs and Im looking to build a robust web server ... So that's why I ask the experts because I'm not just an idea about servers.

Thanks and if can give me a nice config. I preciate so much.
4 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

S5520HC is current generation, S5000PSL is last generation; so you'll have a lot easier time finding parts and chassis for the S5520HC

0 Kudos
JSant20
Novice

Hi Dan_O:

Thanks for your advise, so following the MoBo I find this one (current generation) that is better than last two and this is: S5520URT, so just one more question, I target the next microprossecor: Intel Xeon DP Quad-core E5520 2.26GHz Processor - 2.26GHz - 5.86GT/s QPI - 8MB L3 - Socket B LGA-1366, all the reviews that I read describe this one as excellent but I want to know how compatible is this MP with the MoBo.

Thanks and have a nice day

0 Kudos
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

Any time you need to know about processor compatibility, check http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-030213.htm

The E5520 is on the list, so you're okay.

0 Kudos
JSant20
Novice

Once again, thanks so much !

0 Kudos