Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

What specific driver affects the RS-232 serial port on a C204 chipset and how is it identified in hardware manager?

TBren
Beginner

I have a S1200BTLR motherboard. It has two native RS-232 ports that are integrated into the C204 chipset. The device I talk to over the RS-232 port has intermittent communications. If I install a USB to RS-232 converter, it works just fine. I need to know how to identify the specific driver that would have any impact on the performance of the serial port, and how to see all that in device manager. The only thing you can do in BIOS is to enable/disable the port...

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi,

We would like to inform you that these drivers you mentioned are embedded into the Operating System so there is no need to install additional drivers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AP16
Valued Contributor III

Serial ports are connected to ME/BMC engine. Try to delete ME drivers first.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi derekstorm,

I am moving your inquiry to our Server community.

Regards,

MiKe C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

We would like to inform you that these drivers you mentioned are embedded into the Operating System so there is no need to install additional drivers.

0 Kudos