Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Which Raid Web Console can be used with the Intel 2600STB server board using the on board controller

JPrin6
Beginner

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi John,

Thank you for contacting us about this.

You can use the RAID Web Console 3, if you would like to configure RAIDs it would be important to have the ESRT2 configured as well.

Please check the link of the software below if you would like to download it:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28781/Intel-RAID-Web-Console-3-for-Windows-

If you have any other question please do not hesitate and let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Emeth O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi John,

Just to make sure, please update all the drivers versions for the ESRT2 in order to have the RWC3 up and running.

Regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi John,

I would like to know if the information provided helped you to answer your question.

If no, please do not hesitate and let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos
JPrin6
Beginner
My S2600ST server board was installed with RSTe drivers rather than ESRT2 drivers, so the Web Console does not “see” the controller. Is there similar software for viewing/managing the RAID system for RSTe based systems on Server 2019? Thanks, John Scott Prinke
0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi JPrin6,

Due to the fact that the Intel Server Board S2600ST is comprable with ESRT2; you have the possibility to use RAID Web Console 3 which is comparable with Microsoft Windows Server 2019.

Regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos
JPrin6
Beginner
Web Console 3 does not “see” the controller with the RSTe drivers loaded. Intel’s www site warns about loading the ESRT2 AND the RSTe drivers together. If I delete the RSTe drivers in order to load the ESRT drivers, will I lose my RAID and data? It also appears I need to make changes in the BIOS to change the drivers. Is there a published procedure to accomplish this? The Intel www site appears to show RAID management software running under the RSTe drivers, but does not mention what it is nor where to obtain it. Regards, Scott Prinke
0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi John,

I was checking and I have not seen any activity recently. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate and contact us back and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi JPrin6,

Ok, let me double-check this information for you.

As soon as I will have those details and I will get back to you in order to provide you the most accurate information.

Regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi JPrin6,

Thank you for your time.

I would like to let you know that RSTe is an Intel proprietary RAID solution so the architecture is different from ESRT2. ESRST2 is an LSI Technology (nowadays Avago Technologies)

So, moving from ESRT2 to a hardware PCI-E RAID solution, for example, it is possible, because both are LSI so same architecture.

In this case, you would need to back up his data, create a new ESRT2 RAID volume and then restore it.

Migrating is not an option here.

Regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi JPrin6,

I am following up on this thread and I have not seen any activity recently.

Please let me know if you have any other questions in order to assist you with and proceed with the next step.

Regards,

Emeth O.

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi JPrin6,

I was checking this case and I have not seen any activity recently.

If you have any other questions in the future do not hesitate and contact us back and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Emeth O.

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos