Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

Which bios flash should i use RS2BL040

idata
Employee

I just purchased new a RS2BL040 raid card for my gaming rig pc, however i'm attempting to update the firmware on it. I'm not sure how to update the firmware any other way but through the web console which is fine, execpt when i downloaded the most recent firmware package i see that i have two choices of firmwares to use the first is a small size file which i used and now the board appears to be slight more unstable than what was previously installed, and a second firmware which is a 8mb file much large. My question is which firmware flash should i use? I'm using a evga ftw3 motherboard currently and i'm affraid that my rom available is limited. I starting to think that trying to use this card was probably a bad idea to try and optimize 6gb/s throughput. Does anyone have any in put or ideas please let me know. thanks =)

mailto:wbonnette@email.wscc.edu wbonnette@email.wscc.edu

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Wyatt,

The 8MB file is just a different format of the same firmware image. It's kept with the package in case this package is released to the factory. The update batch file calls the mr_m09p6.rom file and that's the one that should be used in the field.

Regards,

John

idata
Employee

now i just wonder why when it occasionally lets me into the bios when i go to move my mouse the system freezes and i have to reboot. it allows me to use the keyboard fine just not the mouse. very strange.

0 Kudos