Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Why will my S5000PAL not wake up from hibernation?

idata
Employee

Hi everyone,

I recently bought an S5000PAL from someone in the area. I have set it up with a 2TB RAID 1 array using an SROMBSAS18E RAID Controller, 32GB of RAM, and it is running Debian GNU/Linux 8.5 (jessie). I want to make the server hibernate at night when nobody is using it. To test this, I used this command:

rtcwake -m disk -s 60

Which should make it hibernate for 60 seconds and then wake back up. What happens is that as soon as I execute the command, the server's fans spin down for about 5 seconds and then spin right back up, and the server will not respond to anything anymore; there is no output on the screen, pushing keys does nothing, and it never wakes back up. I even let it sit overnight and it was still unresponsive. I had to use the restart button on the front panel to force a reboot; even the power button didn't wake it.

Is there any reason why this might be happening? If possible, I'd like to put the server into an S3 (RAM) sleep state, however from what I can tell, this motherboard doesn't support it, so S4 (hibernate) is my next best option.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello,

We regret to inform that the board you are looking support for has been discontinued for a while already reason why the only source of support we offer is our website:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/server-products/server-boards/legacy-server-and-workstation-boards/intel-server-board-s5000pal-family.html Support

As an additional recommendation make sure that the operating system is fully compatible with the board. Test with a clean installation.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello,

We regret to inform that the board you are looking support for has been discontinued for a while already reason why the only source of support we offer is our website:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/server-products/server-boards/legacy-server-and-workstation-boards/intel-server-board-s5000pal-family.html Support

As an additional recommendation make sure that the operating system is fully compatible with the board. Test with a clean installation.

0 Kudos