Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

Will the SS4200-E EMC Lifeline software be upgraded to version 2?

idata
Employee

I just purchased a SS4200-E and have seen that the last update to Lifeline that Intel has provided is version 1.11. Version 2 is out and being used with Iomega NAS products now. Will Intel be upgrading the firmware anymore? I noticed printer support was removed too, if there are further upgrades will they be stripped of printer support too? I'm very discouraged by the lack of updates and feature downgrade.

Do you know how the firmware is compressed? It doesn't seem to be a typical gzipped tarball.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

After upgrading to firmware version 1.11 I see print services seem to be intact. Maybe the readme from the download site is referring to something else.

To elaborate on why I would like to open the firmware file, I would like to customize it for use with future systems to be configured. I realize that I can just modify the filesystem on each dom but that would be considerably more time consuming than modifying it via firmware upgrade.

idata
Employee

Can we take the lack of response as a "No, It won't be upgraded"?

0 Kudos