Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Windows 10 on S2600CP can't restart

RexCheng
Beginner

Hello,

I installed Windows 10 on S2600CP, and updated the drivers from the Windows device manger. And also run intel_chipset_win_10.1.17903.8106_PV.

However every time W10 can't restart from the Windows start menu, the rebooting always hang at W10 logo and blue points.

Then can S2600CP work with W10? What else need configuring?

Any helps will be appreciated.

System info:

SystemName     TeW10-A

AssetTag       ....................

BIOSVersion    SE5C600.86B.01.08.0003

GUID           4DCD31...

Manufacturer   Intel Corporation

PlatFormID     S2600CP

SDRVersion     SDR Package 1.08

BMCVersion     1.17.4151

HSCVersion     HSC_NOT_PRESENT

SerialNumber   QSCP43...

OSName         Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

OSVersion      10.0.16299

OSBuild        16299

0 Kudos
33 Replies
RexCheng
Beginner

​Hi Franklin,

Thank you for your kind help.

If possible, I still want to know how to find the separate Intel drivers one by one, in case I don't use Windows device manager to update 30+ drivers one by one.

Best regards,

Rex

0 Kudos
Franklin_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Rex, Right now the best way to update your board's drivers is from Intel's download center https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/61088/Intel-Server-Board-S2600CP-Family and downloading the packages manually. Regards, Franklin S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RexCheng
Beginner

err_01.png​Hi Franklin,

On the link, there are only two drivers for Windows 10. Then most of other Intel drivers are not included in these two packages. If possible, can you tell me where can download other drivers.

Thanks,

Rex

other_drivers.png

0 Kudos
Franklin_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Rex, Please allow us some time to get back with you on that one. Best regards, Franklin S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Franklin_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Rex, We are still looking into your case. We will get back in contact with you soon. Regards, Franklin S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RexCheng
Beginner

​Hi Franklin,

How are you these days? Can you share any updates to me?

Thanks,

Rex Cheng

0 Kudos
Franklin_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Rex, Sorry about the delay. Many of the drivers are already included in the OS and you should only be concerned about those with a question mark that indicate that the drivers are not installed. For the rest of the entries as soon as they don't have that exclamation mark they should be OK. We usually recommend installing the following drivers: *Chipset. *Network Adapter. *Graphics (if available) in most of the cases since the BMC graphics are very basic the standard VGA graphics from windows will work just fine. *RAID controller (if OS is going to be installed on a RAID volume, then drivers need to be pushed at OS setup). Please let me know if you have any other questions. Regards, Franklin S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RexCheng
Beginner

​Hi Franklin,

OK. Thanks a lot for your helps. I have no more questions.

Best regards,

Rex Cheng

0 Kudos
RexCheng
Beginner

​Hi Franklin,

Sorry. Please help on another small question.

In the latest Intel Server Chipset drivers for Windows https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28710/Intel-Server-Chipset-Driver-for-Windows-?product=61088,  only E5-V2/V3/V4 are listed.  But our CPU is E5-2643 0 (V1?), does it support Windows 10?

*                     Intel(R) Xeon(R) Processor E5-2600 v4 product family

*                     Intel(R) Xeon(R) Processor E5-2600 v3 product family

*                     Intel(R) Xeon(R) Processor E5-2600 v2 product family

Thanks,

Rex Cheng

0 Kudos
Franklin_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Rex, Drivers should work with V1 as well. Bear in mind that Windows 10 is newer than this board so as stated before it was not validated at the time of launch fo the OS. You may want to try a validated OS for this board based on what shows here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007032/server-products.html Windows 7 is an option (although it has been validated as P2: Basic testing – OS installation, boot, and functional validation) Windows Server 2008 or 2012 would be a better options as both are validated as P1: Compatibility and stress. P1 is a fully tested and validated OS. Still there are notes within that page you need to be aware of. Those are noted at the bottom of the site. Regards, Franklin S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Franklin_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Rex, Do you have any other questions or conerns? Regards, Franklin S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RexCheng
Beginner

​Hi Franklin,

I don't have other questions now. Thanks a lot for your kind helps.

Best regards,

Rex Cheng

0 Kudos
Franklin_S_Intel
Employee
Rex, You are very welcome. I am closing this thread now. If you need any help later on please feel free to open a new thread or contact us directly. Best regards, Franklin S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos