Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Would a P4308XXMFGN kit + dual e5-2670 handle a GTX 1660 TI card on the stock PSU?.

CIria
Beginner

Just got the GPU kit which comes with a 4 to 8 pin cable (G25087-001) 😓

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Franklin_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Cirio, Thank you for joining our community. What server board are you using with your Intel Server Chassis P4308XXMFGN? For clarification, have you already purchased the Nvidia card or are you just gathering information right now? Franklin S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
CIria
Beginner

The MB is an Intel S2600CP2J. Still didn't get the GPU, best performance vs price seems to be the GTX 1660-TI and requires the 8pin connection from the PSU.

0 Kudos
Franklin_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Cirio, There should not be a problem using the card with the stock PSU if you have the 4 to 8 pin cable. Franklin S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Franklin_S_Intel
Employee

Hello Cirio,

Do you have any other questions or concerns?

Franklin S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
CIria
Beginner

Just a couple more, is it safe to just adapt the connector with 8 pins?, how much power can that part number provide (Watts)?

0 Kudos
Franklin_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Cirio, You should not have a problem with the adapter however, if you want more accurate information in regards to how much power it can handle I suggest you contact the vendor of that adapter. Franklin S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
CIria
Beginner

It's an Intel accessory (​G25087-001)

0 Kudos
Franklin_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Cirio, That is correct, apologies. Let me see if I can find that specific information for you and I will reply back as soon as possible. Regards, Franklin S Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Franklin_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Cirio, I have no actual documentation stating what is the maximum amount of power in Watts that the cable can handle but it has been designed to transmit power from the PSU so it should not be a problem. Are you looking to create an out of the normal or some sort of experimental setup? If not, then the cable should work for you. Regards, Franklin S Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
CIria
Beginner

I'm just trying to understand how power hungry can the GPU be without me burning down the machine ​

0 Kudos
Franklin_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Cirio, They should work together as long as they are used for what they have been designed for. Regards, Franklin S Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
CIria
Beginner
0 Kudos
Franklin_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Cirio, Can we close this thread? Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns., Regards, Franklin S Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
CIria
Beginner
0 Kudos