Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

X520-DA2 adapter not detected

idata
Employee

I have bought several X520-DA2 10Gbit Ethernet adapters (PBA E68793-003). While they work perfectly in several of my machines, I cannot get them working in Tyan S3992-E boards (ServerWorks HT2000 chipset). In this motherboard, the adapter is not detected at all (the Linux kernel and lspci do not see it altogether). The same adapter in a different motherboard, or a different PCIe card (Myricom Ethernet) in the same motherboard work well.

Do you have an idea what could be wrong?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mark_H_Intel
Employee

I am not sure why you are having trouble, but I do not have any experience with that particular motherboard.

Here are a couple of suggestions that might help. Make sure you are using the http://www.tyan.com/support_download_bios.aspx?model=S.S3992-E latest BIOS and the I/O options in the BIOS are set to default settings.

Mark H

0 Kudos
Mark_H_Intel
Employee

I thought of something else you might be able to try. If you are using the onboard video and have not added another PCIe adapter, you should have 2 PCIe slots where you can add Ethernet adapters. If you have not already tried installing the adapter in the other slot, you should try moving the adapter to see if the adapter is detected.

Mark H

idata
Employee

Thanks for the ideas.

I have tried both PCI slots, both behave the same.

BIOS is almost the latest version (v1.05, latest is v1.06) and the change log does not mention anything what could seem related to PCIe, it's only support for newer CPU's.

0 Kudos