Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

XXV710DA2OCP 25GbE OCP Modules in S2600WF Wolf Pass Systems

jkuro
Novice

Will the XXV710-DA2 OCP Module (XXV710DA2OCP{1,2}) work in S2600WF Wolf Pass systems, specifically in the R2308WFTZS platform?

If so, should one get XXV710DA2OCP1 (OCP Type 1 Mezzanine Module with 8mm stacking) or XV710DA2OCP2 (OCP Type 2 Mezzanine Module with 12mm stacking)?

I presume the Type 1 with 8mm stacking since the S2600WFT board already has a cutout in the area designated for the OCP mezzanine module.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SBlitz
New Contributor II

Hi,

Intel's Purley systems like you mentioned are using OCP "C" connector for *PHY* modules. The XXV710DA2OCP is not a part of the server group business, and is generic Type 1 or 2 *PCIE* based OCP, not for Intel's branded servers.

It's a bit tricky indeed :-)

Thank you,

Saar

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello JonKuroda,

On the Server System R2308WFTZS with Server Board S2600WFT the Ethernet Network Adapter XXV710-DA2 OCP is not part of the compatible or test adapters, is only the standard Ethernet Network Adapter XXV710-DA2.

But let me check if the there is any testing or documentation on the Mezzanine Module.

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello JonKuroda,

On the Server System R2308WFTZS with Server Board S2600WFT the Ethernet Network Adapter XXV710-DA2 OCP is not part of the compatible or test adapters, is only the standard Ethernet Network Adapter XXV710-DA2. This can be found on the system board compatibility list, https://ark.intel.com/products/89015/Intel-Server-Board-S2600WFT https://ark.intel.com/products/89015/Intel-Server-Board-S2600WFT

But let me check if the there is any testing or documentation on the Mezzanine Module.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
SBlitz
New Contributor II

Hi,

Intel's Purley systems like you mentioned are using OCP "C" connector for *PHY* modules. The XXV710DA2OCP is not a part of the server group business, and is generic Type 1 or 2 *PCIE* based OCP, not for Intel's branded servers.

It's a bit tricky indeed :-)

Thank you,

Saar

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello JonKuroda,

That is a really good question, but I don't have the answer but I will check with

Engineering to see if the mezzanine or any other PCI card if available for OCP for the Server Board S2600WFT.

Please allow us some time and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello JonKuroda,

I hope you are doing well. I have received the information from our Engineering department and I afraid the module for OCP is not compatible for this board.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello JonKuroda,

I just will like to follow up if there is anything else I can help you with.

I know and I wish I had a more positive answer but for now, the OCP is not compatible with this board.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
jkuro
Novice

Just wanted to close the loop on this before I got distracted again.

This 25GbE OCP module is definitely not compatible with the S2600WF's OCP "C" connector.

As Saar alluded to, the S2600WF's Lewisburg PCH has integrated 10GbE MACs - S2600WF systemboards have an OCP "C" module connector for a X527-based PHY-only card that let one connect to those integrated 10GbE MACs.

Just when I was ready to go all 25GbE for everything ... ah well.

Thanks for the help everyone! --Jon

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello JonKuroda,

The information is correct, the 25Gbe OCP is not compatible with the system.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello JonKuroda,

I just wanted to follow up to see if there is anything else I can help you with. The information is correct, the 25Gbe OCP is not compatible with the system.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos