Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

Xcat driver for network cards

Bikram
Beginner

Good afternoon,

We recently received 4 ESC8000 G4s, and they shipped with the following NIC -

Intel 25-Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter E810-XXVDA2

Do you know if these NICs are compatible with XCAT, or provide drivers for XCAT to recognize them?

This is the error we receive when XCAT attempts to discover them -

"maybe the xCAT genesis kernel is missing the driver for your NIC"

ESC8000 G4
N1S0MD00004V

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Bikram,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Are you using a PCIe E810-XXVDA2? If yes, please send photos of the card on both sides for us to check if the card is an OEM or not.
  2. What is your OS?
  3. Can you provide a screenshot of the issue?
  4. What are the troubleshooting steps that you tried so far?
  5. Did you already tried to install the driver? if yes, can you share the link of the driver that you used?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Bikram
Beginner

Hi Michael,

I'm still waiting from our end customer to respond back, I will update you as soon as I hear back.

Thanks,

Bikram

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Bikram,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just making a follow up on the information that we requested for us to check your inquiry.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Bikram,

Thank you for the quick reply. Kindly update us once you have the information that we requested.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Bikram,

I hope you're having a good day. I am sending a soft follow up on the information that we requested. If you need more time, please tell us.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Bikram,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending another follow up on the information that I requested. Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos