Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Xeon scalable processors - CPU heatsink/cooler

DSquad
Beginner

Hi everyone,

Building a tower S2600STB/P4304XXMFEN2 system, but Intel Server Builder indicates passive CPU cooling, part number AXXSTPHMKIT.

Naturally, up here in Canada, can't find this part anywhere in distribution, only ASI has it sku'ed and no stock.

Has anyone used other CPU coolers (like Dynatron) that work well ? Should I go with an active solution w/fan or passive in this tower case ?

Merry XMas to everyone here in the Intel discussion boards !

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello dsquad,

We have not validated other heatsinks for these processors. I would recommend contacting other resellers in your area for availability

locate.intel.com

If anyone else in this community has tried a different heatsink feel free to share your feedback. Intel always recommends using validated hardware to avoid unforeseen issues.

Best regards,

David A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello dsquad,

I just wanted to know if there is anything else I could do for you or if we can set this trend as closed already, either way please let me know, I'll stay tuned to your comments.

Regards.

Ken
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello dsquad,

I hope you enjoyed the holidays and also would like to ask if the information provided answers to your question or if further assistance is required, in any case please let me know so we can proceed accordingly.

Best regards

Kenneth R.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
DSquad
Beginner

Hi Kenneth,

No, unfortunately, nobody at Intel could help me... No heatsink could be found in distribution, so I turned to Dynatron for an active CPU cooler (B13) that does the trick (I don't know, I just can trust passive cooling... model B12 (passive) could have done the trick, but I figured might as well go active !).

FYI : works like a charm

For anyone else that's in the same situation as me (always waiting for parts from intel) : these guys seem to have all CPU types covered... They sell them at NewEgg.ca.

Intel , you have to step up and be able to get us the parts needed for us canadian resellers to sell your servers ! Always have to wait weeks in order to get every part needed to build one server... I can buy a Lenovo ThinkServer and pretty much 90 percent of the time I get everything the next business day...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi dsquad,

Thank you for your feedback,

You absolutely right, just to let you know I'm bringing this matter to upper attention, we really appreciate your business and we'll make sure to take care of this situation.

Once again thank you an d please do not hesitate in contacting us should you need anything else.

Also I would like to know if it's ok to set the related case as closed so this trend can be pushed to the answers so other people with the same problem can have a better chance to get the solution you found through Dynatron?

Ken
0 Kudos