Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4303 Discussions

chipset 602 raid drivers not found

CBacc1
Beginner

I have a new server with motherboard Asus mod. Z9PE-D16, Intel C602-A PCH, Dual lga2011, 16xDDR3EccR/Max512GB, 4xGBLan+IPMI, Vga Int., 4xSata2 2xSata3 Raid 0,1,5,10, 2+2USB2.0, 4xPci-ex16, 1xPci-ex8, Seriale, 2xPS/2.

I have set RAID MODE or AHCI but when i start installation of the operating system (server windows 2012 r2 essential) i'm stuck because don't find a driver (i think the intel raid drive).

I have downloaded new drive on Asus Support Site, Intel support site but I always get the result that the installation hangs.

I am attaching images of the problem, unfortunately in Italian

thanks for your attention

Claudio

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Claudio,

There are two "types" of embedded RAID on your Z9PE-D16. Either LSI MegaRAID or Intel Rapid Storage Technology enterprise. Obviously there are different drivers for each of these.

I believe you should be able to designate one or the other of these two technologies within the Z9PE-D16 BIOS. Make sure you are using the correct driver for LSI MegaRAID or RSTe.

Chapter 5 of the http://www.asus.com/Commercial_Servers_Workstations/Z9PED16/# support Z9PE-D16 Series motherboard manual has pretty good configuration instructions.

Regards,

John

idata
Community Manager

Sorry Claudio. There is a jumper to select between LSI MegaRAID or RSTe. That's in the note on the first page of chapter 5 in the manual.

John