Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

chipset 602 raid drivers not found

CBacc1
Beginner

I have a new server with motherboard Asus mod. Z9PE-D16, Intel C602-A PCH, Dual lga2011, 16xDDR3EccR/Max512GB, 4xGBLan+IPMI, Vga Int., 4xSata2 2xSata3 Raid 0,1,5,10, 2+2USB2.0, 4xPci-ex16, 1xPci-ex8, Seriale, 2xPS/2.

I have set RAID MODE or AHCI but when i start installation of the operating system (server windows 2012 r2 essential) i'm stuck because don't find a driver (i think the intel raid drive).

I have downloaded new drive on Asus Support Site, Intel support site but I always get the result that the installation hangs.

I am attaching images of the problem, unfortunately in Italian

thanks for your attention

Claudio

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Claudio,

There are two "types" of embedded RAID on your Z9PE-D16. Either LSI MegaRAID or Intel Rapid Storage Technology enterprise. Obviously there are different drivers for each of these.

I believe you should be able to designate one or the other of these two technologies within the Z9PE-D16 BIOS. Make sure you are using the correct driver for LSI MegaRAID or RSTe.

Chapter 5 of the http://www.asus.com/Commercial_Servers_Workstations/Z9PED16/# support Z9PE-D16 Series motherboard manual has pretty good configuration instructions.

Regards,

John

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sorry Claudio. There is a jumper to select between LSI MegaRAID or RSTe. That's in the note on the first page of chapter 5 in the manual.

John

0 Kudos