Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646
4329 Discussions

first start problem

sboyn
Beginner

I had created a operating software from bootable usb device but I am getting this error: "Initializing and Establishing Link" . I am using a SR1550AL server and I thing I should disable network from bios but couldnt find disable option any help about it?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

If you want to disable network booting, Go to Advanced => PCI Configuration => Onboard NIC ROM => Disabled. You can also set boot order in Boot Options menu.

sboyn
Beginner

I had disabled network booting, but I have still not have working server. Now it gives me blinking point ... what shoul i do?

sboyn
Beginner

when computer started keep saying that and after that it goes to shutdown:

Initializing and Establishing Link...

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable.

PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent

I had tried varios of bios operation but I couldnt make it right..

Could you help me about it, what may be the problem?

Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Seems it's still attempting to boot from network...

What's your desired boot device? Do you see it in the Boot Options menu?

sboyn
Beginner

I made a video abuout my condition in that page you may find the details : /message/211112# 211112 https://communities.intel.com/message/211112# 211112

Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

Responding to this in the other thread