Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

getting error 113, fixed media not detected and 9505 ATAPI interface error. Unable to get into BIOS to check setting. Boot to error in a loop

CYoun6
Beginner

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MObon
Beginner

Hi, How are you trying to enter BIOS?

0 Kudos
CYoun6
Beginner

using F2 at power on. I found the problem by the process of elimination. I disconnected all hard drives and cd rom then booted up and I got into the bios. I reconnected the RAID drives in pairs and booted to the Windows OS. shut down and reconnected the data pair and the error reappeared. I disconnected of the data pair and booted to the OS. When I looked it to the BIOS with all 4 drives connected, one drive was not detected so I figured this is the drive the caused the "fixed media not detected" error. There was some corruption of the boot OS and I am currently restoring from backup. Once I boot to Windows Server, I will see if I can access the data drive (one good drive). Then I will try to figure out the failure on the other drive. Any suggestions would be most welcomed. Thanks for your reply

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello CYoung6,

We are glad to hear that you were able to find the root cause of your problem.

Additionally, can you please provide us the model of your Intel(R) Severboard?

Best regards,

Sergio S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit :https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos
CYoun6
Beginner

Intel Server with chassis with S1200BTL server board.

0 Kudos
JCruz25
Beginner

Check Intel Server with chassis with S1200BTL.

DATA SCIENCE CONSULTANTS

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello CYoung6,

The interactive technical support for the Intel® Server Board S1200BTL you have requested has been discontinued. We can provide you with resources and self-service support information through our website. 

We highly suggest that you get information from the technical product specification site and all available technical information is included on the support site. 

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/53557/intel-server-board-s1200btl.html

I am going to proceed and move your thread to the Discontinued Products Community, so you can get recommendations from fellow community members. 

Best regards,

Sergio S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit :https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos
CYoun6
Beginner

I replaced the failed drive. the RAID controller shows all disk. Array 0 is good, Shows RAID. Array 1 shows Non-RAID, one degraded drive. However cannot boot to Windows Server OS, Flashing cursor only and no activity on drives. In BIOS Mass Storage Controller is set to RAID (tried LSI, no boot)

0 Kudos