Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4302 Discussions

help please, s5520sc not booting, got no display

idata
Community Manager

, Hi guys, i recently bought a s5520sc board, i have two intel 5520 quad core processors,1033mhz 4 GB ram, i've got the thermal solutions for the processors, everthing the intel configurator told me to buy, i set up a 500 gb sata II hard disk, when i turn on the server i got no display, im using a pci-e nvidia 9600gt as video card, i populated the dimms on A1 and D1, one on each one, when i turn it off i got no beeps, the exclamation led in the front is yellow and turned on. when i shut down the machine i got some beeps, but only when its turned off i got about 10 beeps.

please help!

1 Reply
KAMALANATH_N_Intel

Hope you have Intel® Xeon® Processor E5520 (8M Cache, 2.26 GHz, 5.86 GT/s Intel® QPI) and Intel® Workstation Board S5520SC .

To resolve the issue, please follow the steps one byone

1. remove all external cards/HDD and boot the board without connecting DImms. If you are getting some beep code then board has no issue.

2. Add one dimm and boot the machine wihtout pci-e card.

If this setup boots then we can isolate the issue.

Which HDD you have?

BTW, try to clear CMOS aswell.