I have a s2600cwt mother board. I download the latest bios, bmc and FRU/SDR firmware package, extract them to root directory of my usb disk. boot from there, and the update process started sucessfully. The bios, bmc part finished successfully, when it goes to fru/sdr part, I select option 3, update both fru and sdr.
Since I'm using a third party chassis, so I select not update the chassis part in FRU update, when it goes to sdr, it finally reported, sdr auto update failed, do you want to go back to legacy mode. So I chose the y, and answered the questions.
other chassis, sys fan 1, 2 connect, 3,4,5,6 not, cpu fan 1 connect, 2 not. rear fan connect. And finished successfully.
then I powered off the machine, powered back on. then I got an warning msg, says, cpu fan 1's speed is 0rpm. which I found the fan is actually running pretty well.
My question is how can I fix this problem or flash the fru/sdr back to factory default.
I've tried, bios default jump way resetting the bios, no luck.
please help to fix.
Thank you so much for contacting us and provide us the information.
Could you please so kind and performed the following steps:
Set BIOS to Default (Clearing the CMOS)
To clear the CMOS, perform the following steps:
1. Power down the server. Unplug the power cord.
2. Open the server chassis. For instructions, see your server chassis documentation.
3. Move jumper from the default operating position (covering pins 1 and 2) to the reset/clear
position (covering pins 2 and 3).
4. Wait five seconds.
5. Move the jumper back to the default position (covering pins 1 and 2).
6. Close the server chassis.
7. Install AC power cord.
8. Power up the server and access the BIOS setup utility by
9. Verify the BIOS default operation was successful by view the Error Manager screen. Two
errors should be logged:
- 5220 BIOS Settings reset to default settings
- 0012 System RTC date/time not set
The CMOS is now cleared and can be reset by going into the BIOS setup.
I am following up this threat in order to make sure if the information provided help you out in order to find the solution that you are looking for, please if you have any other question let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you.
I was reviewing your threat and I have not heard from you since long time ago. I am going to proceed and close this threat once for all; however, If you have any other question let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you.