Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

iam facing issues on duplex settings when intel 82575eb is connected , are there any known issues , let me know what details you would require to analyse.

idata
Employee

Iam facing issues on duplex settings when intel 82575eb is connected , the port goes to half duplex mode intermitantly, are there any known issues , let me know teh new location if something is fixed or please let me know what details you would require to analyse.

Thanks

3 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

The port will drop to half-duplex, if retraining is enabled, and it doesn't get an auto-negotiation reply from the partner. If this used to work correctly, I'd swap out the network cable first thing.

idata
Employee

Thanks for the Reply Dan ,

Swapping the cables does not seem to solve the problem permanently .Can the port retraining if disabled , will solve this ? will that work because , I see the retarining as a feature to the port to fall back to the minimal settings to retain the link .

Please let know .

Thanks

Avinash

0 Kudos
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

Yes, you can disable auto-negotiation. Make sure to do it on both ends of the link, though.

0 Kudos