Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4297 Discussions

iam facing issues on duplex settings when intel 82575eb is connected , are there any known issues , let me know what details you would require to analyse.

idata
Community Manager

Iam facing issues on duplex settings when intel 82575eb is connected , the port goes to half duplex mode intermitantly, are there any known issues , let me know teh new location if something is fixed or please let me know what details you would require to analyse.

Thanks

3 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

The port will drop to half-duplex, if retraining is enabled, and it doesn't get an auto-negotiation reply from the partner. If this used to work correctly, I'd swap out the network cable first thing.

idata
Community Manager

Thanks for the Reply Dan ,

Swapping the cables does not seem to solve the problem permanently .Can the port retraining if disabled , will solve this ? will that work because , I see the retarining as a feature to the port to fall back to the minimal settings to retain the link .

Please let know .

Thanks

Avinash

Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

Yes, you can disable auto-negotiation. Make sure to do it on both ends of the link, though.