Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

intel S5000PSL server motherboard no display signal

EGama
Beginner

hi .. I Bought S5000PSL with 4X 4Gb ram and 2X Intel Xeon X5355 but the board does not give any VGA signal. Any one help me to solve this problem

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello Eranga,

Can you please provide us the PBA number of your system?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000008055/server-products/server-boards.html

Also, please provide the part number of the memory that you are using?

Did the unit work previously?

Have you tried tested different components, such as power supply, processor, etc?

Please try testing your system with the minimal system configuration, no storage devices, one memory module and check if the problem continues.

Test your system without memory, you should get 3 long beep codes. if you do not get any beeps, this means that the problem might be related, either with the processor or the server board.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Eranga,

Can you please provide us the PBA number of your system?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000008055/server-products/server-boards.html

Also, please provide the part number of the memory that you are using?

Did the unit work previously?

Have you tried tested different components, such as power supply, processor, etc?

Please try testing your system with the minimal system configuration, no storage devices, one memory module and check if the problem continues.

Test your system without memory, you should get 3 long beep codes. if you do not get any beeps, this means that the problem might be related, either with the processor or the server board.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Sergio S.
0 Kudos
EGama
Beginner

hi, yes i tested board without ram it will get 3 beep codes. Can you tel me xeon x5355 is compatible this motherboard? I attached some images of my motherboad. Im waiting for your answer. when i give power to board it will pause by lighting red 1bit led and green LSB led please refer images.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

The Xeon 5355 should be compatible with your system, you can check the hardware limitation for this processor https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006769/server-products.html here.

Have you tried testing a different power supply on your system and tried different power connectors?

Also, test your system with one memory module at the time, just to avoid any damage on the memories slots and on the memory sticks.

Best regards,

Sergio S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

I am following up your issue and we would like to know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Best regards,

Sergio S.
0 Kudos
EGama
Beginner

First I thank you vary much. I powered up my mother board successfully. The problem is the PS. I change my 550W PS to 600W PS. Thank again your help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Eranga,

We are glad to hear that you were able to resolve your problem, please let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Sergio S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Eranga,

In case you need further assistance please feel free to contact us back.

Best regards,

Sergio S.
0 Kudos