Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

intel SS4200-E won't boot, always has same lights lit up on front of box.

idata
Employee

I am having problems with an intel ss4200-E I just purchased from newegg. I tried booting the box with 2 160 GB drives in it, when the power button was pushed the blue lights for drives one and three came on and stayed blue, no other lights even flickered. I had the drives in bays 1 and 2. I put 4 160 GB drives in the box and same results, lights 1 and 3 came on and stayed on solid blue. I then tried it with no drives and had the same response, no activity with any of the lights, just 1 and 3 turning on and saying on. Also the fans are running maxed out.

I have reseated the ram, mobo power connects, DOM and DOM power cord. installed software on another pc can not find the system on the network and pinging it does not work. I've also pushed the reset button on the back. I've held it in for over 10 seconds and there are no changes on the lights on the front.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and thank you for reading this and helping.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I tried the reset process, I also made sure all 4 drives had no partitions. When I power up the box there are no changes with the lights. lights 1 and 3 come on solid and that is it. No flickering on any lights, those on or off.

0 Kudos
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I would say it's dead, check to see if you can return it to newegg. I got one from there as well however mine's working fine. If I have no drives in mine it will boot up and let me access it however the center light (power button) is red.

You could also try holding in the reset button while you power it up briefly to see if that makes a difference.

0 Kudos