Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

intel s2600jf power up

MMajc
Beginner

!

i bought s2600jf motherboard and 2x e5 2670 cpu

I was in plan to build small custom dual socket PC

i read motheboard manual carefully and I saw 2x 6pin power connector with only 12V

I make proper plugs with normal PSU (700W) also i power up PSU by short green and black cable so i get 12V out)

but motherboard not boot, i dont see any led blinking/ cpus are cold

is there power button maybe somewhere ? i thought when motheboard gets 12V will power up automatically but not luck
0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello duniek,

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support.

This board is use as compute module with specific configurations in these systems: H2312XXKR and H2216XXKR. As a server board supporting the Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 family for high-density high-performance computing (HPC) and data centers.

The 2x 6pin are definitely for power. However, they were meant to be use along with the Spare Node Power Board.

I would like to know what chassis you have used for this set up.

faugub_intel # iwork4intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello duniek,

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support.

This board is use as compute module with specific configurations in these systems: H2312XXKR and H2216XXKR. As a server board supporting the Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 family for high-density high-performance computing (HPC) and data centers.

The 2x 6pin are definitely for power. However, they were meant to be use along with the Spare Node Power Board.

I would like to know what chassis you have used for this set up.

0 Kudos
MMajc
Beginner

i have two e5-2670 cpus (non ES) and ecc-r ram

i thought if i put 12V on connectors mobo system will power up instantly

this " Intel Spare Single Node Power" looks like is only or "blade type" connection,

I was planning to make custom chassis with normal atx powersupply (which will be power up via bi-stable power on switch)

switch to green and black cable in atx24 connector and 12V or motherboard (2x 6pin)
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

We understand the setup you have been trying. However, in this particular case this server board depends in other components to work as expected. It has been designed to run as a compute module.

Our recommendation is to follow the validated configuration.

0 Kudos