Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

intel s5000vsa sata board raid configure support needed

cseka
Beginner

i m planning to install two sata hard drives of 500gb each.

i want to configure raid 0 on two hard drives.

i want to install win7 64bit .

kindly any one guide me to do the above task.

i set SATA as RAID.

but i m not able to enter in to RAid Menu.

0 Kudos
18 Replies
AChan85
New Contributor I

You connect the HDs, then set up the BIOS SATA to RAID. Power off, power on. Then you set up the RAID at BIOS level. After the RAID is enabled, at BIOS bootup, you'll see the prompt to press key stokes to enter the RAID setup utility. For most Intel RAID controller, the key combination is CTR+G. When inside the RAID setup utility, you can set up the RAID array.

Get a copy of the board technical document. You can download it from Intel website. Then it should have the instruction to set up the board.....

cseka
Beginner

Thanks for the guide sir.i test & get back to u

0 Kudos
cseka
Beginner

sir

1. i connected 500gb seagate sata hdd on sata0 port & 4tb seagate sata hdd on sata1 port on intel S5000VSA server board.

2. Then i went to bios & enabled sata as RAID. then i saved the settings on bios.

but here after i m not able to enter in to raid bios utility.

durinj system power on, i have enetered CTRL+G, CTRL+E,CTRL+X, and many more combinations to go to raid bios.

but i m not able to enter in to raid bios utility.

if i have to attach any component on board?? like GPIO cable or anything??

kindly guide me. i m struggling for past 1week.my board is S5000VSA having 3gb/s sata ports 6nos

0 Kudos
AChan85
New Contributor I

Please do not duplicate posts. This is answer at other thread...

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel

You may want to disable the http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-034669.htm Quiet Boot option in BIOS under the Main tab. With the onboard controller you should be able to get a CTRL+E prompt to enter the RAID BIOS.

I noticed that the second drive is a 4TB drive. The onboard solution is not offering support for drives larger than 2TB. You might want to remove this drive and compare results. In any case, remove them both and see if you can see the RAID BIOS prompt.

You cannot enter the RAID BIOS if no drives are detected but at least we can see if the controller is attempting to initialize or not.

0 Kudos
cseka
Beginner

thanks for your support.

1. first i will do the bios setup as per your guidelines.then i will check for ctr+E option is dispaying.

2. then i will connect WD hard disk (500gb)--2nos model:WD5000AZRX(6GB/S model) for raid connectivity.then i get back to u.

0 Kudos
cseka
Beginner

ok sir.i check it out & get back to u

0 Kudos
cseka
Beginner

ok sir i check it out & get back to u

0 Kudos
cseka
Beginner

sir i solved the raid issue by quiet boot menu disabling option.

thanks for your support.

i have one more dout.

i m not able to install server 2008R2 on S5000VSA board.kindly guide me.

1. i have created bootable 2008 server R2 dvd.

2. this dvd is properly installing on all desktop pc.

3. but on 5000vsa server board this media is not installing. the windows logo is appearing during instaltion,

but suddenly some bug is appearing & server gets restarted.

kindly guide me on this issue

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel

Does it give you an error message when it restarts?

0 Kudos
cseka
Beginner

Sir It is torrent downloaded source from piratebay by generation2 guy. It doesn't gave any error during install.but suddenly server gets restarted.i enabled raid0 in server

But same source is install perfectly on all desktops.

0 Kudos
cseka
Beginner

Other wise sir u send me the torrent download link for 2008 R2 enterprise edition. Thanks for your guide lines sir

0 Kudos
AChan85
New Contributor I

This is really funny. So you downloaded pirated Windows server software. Then come here asking for help???

0 Kudos
cseka
Beginner

sir really i don't know that i shouldn't ask third party product support on community.

i have posted what i faced the problem.

first i have downloaded original server 2008r2 verison from microsoft.

that is also not worked with S5000Vsa board. then only i went to torrent.

thnaks a lot

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel

hemnath

It is recommended using genuine copies of the Operating System as it is really hard to keep track or control of the changes others might have done to the image.

You mentioned that you also tried a copy of Windows 2008R2 from Microsoft's website. Do you get the same exact errors with this version, too?

0 Kudos
cseka
Beginner

sir same error happened on genuine copy also.

but i do one thing.

today once again i download the new copy from microsoft & check it out.

sir may i know your mail id? & skpe id?

my id: mailto:c.rajasekar@yahoo.co.in c.rajasekar@yahoo.co.in

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel

I would recommend contacting our http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport Intel® Customer Support team to expedite the resolution of your case.

0 Kudos
AChan85
New Contributor I

You can't just pirate software and use it....It is illegal.

0 Kudos