Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

resume on AC power loss

idata
Employee

Does anyone know what the difference in function "resume on power loss" in BIOS is between "last state (system returns to the same state before the AC power loss)" and "reset (system powers on)". For me it's the same.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

"resume on power loss" means it will restore to the last power state when the power was lost. If it was on, it will power on when the power restores. If the server was off when the power was lost, it stays off. "reset (system powers on)" means it always powers on the server when the power restores, no matter the power state was on or off when the power was lost.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

robert,

The two settings do look the same, but there is a suttle differnce. The setting determines how the server behaves when power is restored after an unexpected power loss.

This can be one of the following:

• stay-off — The server remains off until manually powered on.

• last-state — The server is powered on and the system attempts to restore its last state.

• reset — The server is powered on and automatically reset.

Regards,

John

Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

"resume on power loss" means it will restore to the last power state when the power was lost. If it was on, it will power on when the power restores. If the server was off when the power was lost, it stays off. "reset (system powers on)" means it always powers on the server when the power restores, no matter the power state was on or off when the power was lost.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

now I know what I wanted to know. Thank you very much

0 Kudos