Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

s2600cp power fault beep code

JJosh3
Beginner

Hi, im using an intel s2600cp, with two xeon e5 2620 v1 processors. they are tested working in another system. when i try to power up the system, i get the following error:

1-5-4-2Power faultDC power unexpectedly lost (power good dropout) - Power unit sensors report power unit failure offset.

i have tried using 3 different power supplies, ecc and non ecc ram.

any help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
21 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Joshj23,

Problems with S2600CP with two Xeon E5-2620v1.

Also, you mentioned that you have tested several other power Supply.

With this information, the other option could be the Power Distribution Board.

Other option will be to ensure you are running with minimum hardware.

Also, you could test the system with minimum products

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
JJosh3
Beginner

i dont have a power distribution board, as im running in a standard case, i have tried with one cpu and one dimm installed. having the bios defaults jumper set incorrectly caused the beep codes, and now the beeper clicks once when trying to power on, the web interface works however. is there a default username and password?

thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Joshj23,

I am sorry, but because you mentioned that you tested other power supplies, I thought you might had the opportunity to use another Power Distributor Board.

The username and password is only set when you enable the Web interface.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
JJosh3
Beginner

i should have been more clear. i have managed to get into the web interface, but the board still power cycles as it tries to power on. what are the minimum amperage requirements for each of the rails?

thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Joshj23,

I am sorry but not sure what do you mean with minimum amperage requirements for each of the rails?.

The best option will be to test the system with minimum Hardware configuration, one CPU and one memory stick with no HDD.

Also, you can provide us with the Serial number and part number on the chasis to verify warranty. And see other options.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Joshj23,

I just wanted to follow up and verify your last question "minimum amperage requirements for each of the rails?"

The best option will be to test the system with minimum Hardware configuration, one CPU and one memory stick with no HDD.

Also, you can provide us with the Serial number and part number on the chassis to verify warranty. And see other options.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Joshj23,

We are following up on a threat that is still open with the issue "S2600CP power fault beep code", we know that this is important for you to get it resolved and it is also equally important for us to get you the right solution. Since we have not seen an update for 10, the case will automatically close after 2 business days.

I just wanted to follow up and verify your last question "minimum amperage requirements for each of the rails?"

Also, you can provide us with the Serial number and part number on the chassis to verify warranty. And see other options.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
JJosh3
Beginner

Somehow I missed all the notifications, I have a different issue now, some times it will boot, however the majority of the time it will try to power on and shuf off almost instantly, the beeper makes a single click like noise not a beep. I have tried with single and dual CPU with 1 through 16 dimms installed .if it does power on, after a certain amount of time it will just shut off, like pulling the plug and will click when trying to power on again

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Joshj23,

No worries but I am glad you were able to get back to us.

At this moment the problems could be the system board or the power distributor board.

The best option will be to contact your local distributor or where you purchased the system from.

Or please send us the Serial number and part number on the system board to verify warranty.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
JJosh3
Beginner

I don't have a power distribution board, and run it off a standalone power supply. Where would the serial number be located?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Joshj23,

No worries I do remember you saying that.

We can start by replacing the system board.

The Serial number and part number usually can be located on the center of the board next to the Memory slots.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
JJosh3
Beginner

The numbers I can see are "f3k 31s6cmb0070", "PBA g56797-510" and "qscp31602060" .

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Joshj23,

Thank you for the updated information.

Double checking the Serial number - QSCP31602060.

According to our records, the warranty expired on 08/25/2016.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Joshj23,

I just wanted to follow and verify if there is something else I can help you.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Joshj23,

I am following up on a case that is still open with the issue "Power Fault Beep codes", we know that this is important for you to get it resolved and it is also equally important for us to get you the right solution. Since we have not seen an update from September 14th, the case will automatically close after 2 business days. You can still re-open the case by logging into your web portal or replying to this email so that all previous interactions around this case will carry through."

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
JJosh3
Beginner

How would I get it resolved though? You confirmed there is no warranty, and It doesn't look like there are any service centre's here in Australia. Third party repair for motherboards are hard to find, I don't really have any other options apart from either find a place to get it fixed or just toss it

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Joshj23,

I really understand your situation and I wish there was another option.

I just follow up on your threat to let you know that we are here to help you as much as we can, but I am afraid the best option will be to check with the local reseller or internet for an equal or similar board.

Again I wish from tech support there were another options.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
JJosh3
Beginner

i have been doing troubleshooting, and it appears that one of the dimm slot's temperature sensor is faulty, and is feeding the board a critical temerature error, putting the board into a non recoverable error state. the dimm slot in question is dimm H1, on processor 2. is there a way to disable this sensor or disable thermal shutdowns?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

I was reviewing the information due the dimm slot's temperature sensor is faulty there is no way disable the sensor because it is integrated into the BMC. My recommendation is to proceed with the replacement of the motherboard. Please contact us via phone call using the following phone number:(916) 377-7000 during business hours: Monday - Friday 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Pacific Time).

Best regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

I would like to know if you have any other question in order to assist you with?

Please, do not hesitate and let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Best regards,

Emeth O

0 Kudos