Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4299 Discussions

s2600cp4 server board make loud noise for cpu fan. I am using other chasis. I have updated the FRUSDR but still fan make too much noise

achow61
Beginner

s2600cp4 server board make loud noise for cpu fan. I am using other chasis. I have updated the FRUSDR but still fan make too much noise

I am using Intel Thermal Solution Cooling Fan for E5-2600 Processors BXSTS200C heat sinker for the CPU. Please help.

Regards,

Amit Prasad Chowrasia

0 Kudos
1 Reply
David_A_Intel

I noticed you mentioned that you chose "Other Chassis" for the FRUSDR selections. Do you actually have a non-Intel chassis? If so, you need to make sure you program each header properly. For instance if you chassis has fans connected to headers 1-2-3; then we need to tell the firmware that we do have fans in those headers; otherwise, this would cause improper readings and would make the fans run at full speed.

I would suggest running the firmware update package again but this select "No" for chassis intrusion regardless of the configuration you have.