Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

s2600cp4 server board make loud noise for cpu fan. I am using other chasis. I have updated the FRUSDR but still fan make too much noise

achow61
Beginner

s2600cp4 server board make loud noise for cpu fan. I am using other chasis. I have updated the FRUSDR but still fan make too much noise

I am using Intel Thermal Solution Cooling Fan for E5-2600 Processors BXSTS200C heat sinker for the CPU. Please help.

Regards,

Amit Prasad Chowrasia

0 Kudos
1 Reply
David_A_Intel

I noticed you mentioned that you chose "Other Chassis" for the FRUSDR selections. Do you actually have a non-Intel chassis? If so, you need to make sure you program each header properly. For instance if you chassis has fans connected to headers 1-2-3; then we need to tell the firmware that we do have fans in those headers; otherwise, this would cause improper readings and would make the fans run at full speed.

I would suggest running the firmware update package again but this select "No" for chassis intrusion regardless of the configuration you have.

0 Kudos