cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

s3420gp: Kernel-Processor-Power Event ID 2

Greetings to everyone!

Last couple of months almost every monday i've got a message in Event Viewer - "Performance power management features on processor 2 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.". It is Kernel-Processor-Power Event ID: 2. Mainboard is Intel S3420GP. I tried to find through all the Intel site but there are no BIOS updates for my board, just for LX and LC versions. Can you please tell me where do I find proper updates.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

LX and LC are two different SKUs of S3420GP. There are another two SKUs called RX and V. To confirm your board SKU, you can locate a white label with barcode on the board, and check the 6-didget-dash-3-didget number after "PBA". You can also get this number in BIOS => Server Management => System Information => Board Part Number.

Try to enable/disable SpeedStep and C3/C6 state in BIOS and see if it makes any differences.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Thank you, Edward!

There is another question - could it lead to irreversible consequences if i shall apply updates for LC to V board?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

BIOS image is same. Since the V SKU doesn't have BMC, BMC FW and FRUSDR can't be applied to V SKU. However I suggest you re-apply the FW package for V SKU to make sure the board works properly.

0 Kudos