Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

s5000xvn crash during bios upgrade

idata
Employee

As in title, upgrading bios, got to 16% and workstation crash/hang

background, x5000xvn dual 5320 (2.66), 16gb ram, ran fine for about 3 months, then started to hang, sometimes few hours sometimes 1+week, after reboot i would get 8110 and 8111, al lthe time, so thought i would re flash the bios, at about 16% it hangs again, left it for 30 min, nothing so rebooted, now nothing, tried bios jumper to pin 1&2, the cmos reset and bmc force, still nothing, so my question is can anything be done or is my board toast?

Thansk

4 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

Double-check the System Event Log (SEL) first, before replacing the board. If it shows the hang, it may be fixable.

idata
Employee

Hi

thanks for the response, the system will not post, nothing happens when turned on, this i assume is because the bios is toast now, what i wanted to know is can this be recovered or not.

Regards

Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

You can try the alternate BIOS image (Jumper J1C3) - is that the one you were talking about?

If you pull all the memory, and leave only one processor, and still don't get any beeps or anything, there's not much else I can think of trying.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi

Thanks for the reply, i gave up, selling all the parts and putting the s5000xvn in the bin, this is the second board i have had problems with, dont think i will be getting another one.

Regards

0 Kudos