Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

s5000xvn doesn't start: POST red-amber-red-off

AMois1
Beginner

My s5000xvn doesn't start.

No beeps, no screen signal, POST LEDS stops at Red-Amber-Red-Off state, corresponding to datasheet it means: "Entered EFI driver execution phase (DXE)".

My configuration:

single Xeon 5060 (tried different one for testing),

approved memory - one dimm configuration (tested 4 different dimms),

no hdd (hotswap case disconnected),

sc5400base chassis,

550W PU (also tested 700W),

no other peripherals (even a video adapter).

My system had been working fine for several weeks until i shut it down - in ususal way, without powerloss or smth like that.

All coolers work fine, PSU voltages also seem to be fine after startup, but bios is not loading, i think. If i try to switch on my motherboard without processor or with wrong dimm slot filled, it beeps. So i hope my problem is not some damaged electronics.

I tried to clear CMOS, to force second bios bank boot by jumper - nothing helps.

What else sould i try to do?

Is there an opportunity to update bios somehow in my situation?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello,

We regret to inform you that the board you are looking support is end of interactive support (EOIS) but according to the symptoms described you are dealing with a defective piece of hardware. Our suggestion is replacing the board under warranty.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello,

We regret to inform you that the board you are looking support is end of interactive support (EOIS) but according to the symptoms described you are dealing with a defective piece of hardware. Our suggestion is replacing the board under warranty.

0 Kudos